Walther Forums banner
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went to my LGS to try a 365 and left with a VP9sk. The Sig felt like a toy. My PPQ 45 is my favorite pistol though.
You will not be disappointed IMO. My wife has a P365 and I have a VP9sk and I greatly prefer my VP9sk for carry. Yes it is on the large end of the spectrum for a 10-round sub-compact (and obviously much thicker than the P365) but it also feels better in-hand and shoots much better as a result.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Holy cow, CZ is getting straight roasted in the comments for the TFB article announcing importation of the P10M. New CZ P-10 M Micro-Compact Concealed Carry Pistol -

I hope Walther is reading those comments.
The P365 and the Hellcat changed the game in terms of micro compact, by simply adding the choice for more capacity.

The P-10M sure looks like a niche audience of CZ aficionado's, like you said, sure hope Walther when developing new product looks at the larger audience, rather than aficionado audience.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Walther is already offering PDP's in the 4", 4.5" and 5" variety. What they're missing is a 3.5" with 15 round compact grip. I open carry all the time anyway, so I really don't care about small, skinny and kinky, I mean dinky. I want a grip, larger enough that I'm not fumbling around trying to grab it and not drop it, while I'm only able to get two fingers on the grip, because there's no room for the pinky finger.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Walther is already offering PDP's in the 4", 4.5" and 5" variety. What they're missing is a 3.5" with 15 round compact grip. I open carry all the time anyway, so I really don't care about small, skinny and kinky, I mean dinky. I want a grip, larger enough that I'm not fumbling around trying to grab it and not drop it, while I'm only able to get two fingers on the grip, because there's no room for the pinky finger.
Walther need not respond with a Sub Compact if it is not at least as small as the P365 and no larger than the new Kimber R7 Mako. Otherwise, why bother?

PPQ Compact grip is way to short and fat.

HK's offering is still not out yet, but looks pretty much like the Kimber R7 Mako - it best be 10-12 rounds capacity or it will be a fail also.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Didn't she say it was already too short for the pinky?:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Two objective questions:
Does a micro-compact pistol really have to have a capacity of more than 10 or even only 8 cartridges?
Are there reports or even studies in the USA of the use of micro-compact pistols where a capacity of 8 or 10 rounds was actually appropriate and beneficial?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Two objective questions:
Does a micro-compact pistol really have to have a capacity of more than 10 or even only 8 cartridges?
Are there reports or even studies in the USA of the use of micro-compact pistols where a capacity of 8 or 10 rounds was actually appropriate and beneficial?
The simple answer is No. There are no official specs for sub or micro or even compact and full size.

·
Registered
336 Posts
There was an inaccuracy in my previous post: It should actually read "... where a capacity of more than 8 or 10 rounds was actually appropriate and beneficial" .

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
94 Posts
Thank you for your prompt reply. Then I don't understand why some people criticize a smaller capacity than at least 10 rounds in a micro-compact pistol.
My guess would be insecurity. People naturally want to feel better about their decisions and not feel "inferior" to others. They likely place some arbitrary value on the number of rounds carried. If they have "more" than the next keyboard warrior that comes along, then they feel better about themselves. The question of "enough" for defensive situations is clouded by anecdotes and often inaccurate information. As you alluded to above, there are few studies about the number of rounds fired from self defensive situations. (There are numerous studies on Police shootings, but those can not be directly correlated to civilian defensive situations)

However, in (most of) America, one of the nice things is having the freedom to say "F U" to anyone who questions your right to carry and what to carry. So for those that want more rounds than the next guy: cool, I fully support your position. Meanwhile, I'm happy and perfectly comfortable with my PPS M2 and the 7 or 8 round magazine when I carry that weapon. Everyone has their own choice to make and should decide what they carry based on their comfort level and ability (training).

Reactions: Walther Wood

·
Registered
336 Posts
My guess would be insecurity. People naturally want to feel better about their decisions and not feel "inferior" to others. They likely place some arbitrary value on the number of rounds carried. If they have "more" than the next keyboard warrior that comes along, then they feel better about themselves. The question of "enough" for defensive situations is clouded by anecdotes and often inaccurate information. As you alluded to above, there are few studies about the number of rounds fired from self defensive situations. (There are numerous studies on Police shootings, but those can not be directly correlated to civilian defensive situations)

However, in (most of) America, one of the nice things is having the freedom to say "F U" to anyone who questions your right to carry and what to carry. So for those that want more rounds than the next guy: cool, I fully support your position. Meanwhile, I'm happy and perfectly comfortable with my PPS M2 and the 7 or 8 round magazine when I carry that weapon. Everyone has their own choice to make and should decide what they carry based on their comfort level and ability (training).
Thank you for your answer, which refers to the first version of my last post, which I completely changed while you were writing your answer.
Certainly everyone should be able to decide for himself how many rounds his micro-compact pistol should have. But based on experience and reports, there is no need for more than 8 rounds.

·
Registered
981 Posts
There was an inaccuracy in my previous post: It should actually read "... where a capacity of more than 8 or 10 rounds was actually appropriate and beneficial" .
I'm sure there is....

I'm fairly certain that Michael Bloomberg's Every Town for Gun Safety, or Mayors for Gun Safety have conclusively shown that guns with ZERO rounds are both appropriate and beneficial for criminals, and those opposed to being able to defend one's self. Then again, I'm not sure I'd put much credence in those kinds of studies.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Massad A has an article on mag capacity in the current issue of Combat Handguns magazine.
Anyone who "claims" 10 is plenty needs to read it. Mas gives numerous examples where 10, 20, even 30 was NOT ENOUGH.

If I end up dead with an empty gun in my hand, it should be by MY choice, and MINE ONLY. NOT because of some arbitrary number pulled out the asses of some beurocrats or anti-gunner groups.

This issue........

"Combat Handguns Magazine Subscription" Combat Handguns Magazine Subscription

·
Registered
981 Posts

I had to laugh....

The quote in the signature, about walking a mile in someone's shoes before criticizing them....and then guessing it's insecurity? That's funny...pot meet kettle.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
30.....well okay....I'm good. I've got my custom mask and my 30 round mag. I don't need no stinkin' dinky gun. 😂

21 - 40 of 99 Posts