Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have grown very fond of the "Speedsight" system. I have been beta testing them for the PPQ and the results are very good. They seem to slightly improve the 3 dot system in the accuracy department because the points on the diamonds naturally line up without alot of space between the front and rear sights. This eliminates any front sight drift. The biggest advantage I can see is their sight size. They are bigger and more pronounced without giving up fine accuracy. Many sights are bigger but they give up precision for speed, Speedsights have not shown any disadvantages so far. They are not too large or snag in molded holsters. I have been shooting them on several platforms from the PPQ, Glock and Sig. I have been beta testing the Speedsight without tritium but have installed the night sight Speedsights with tritium in all my main handguns. They are made out of a very hard aluminum and seem to be very durable. All made in America in the state of Washington. A huge bonus is the staff and owner are extremely kind and helpful. I think they are starting to fill Walther PPQ orders by phone.

Home - Speed Sights

My PPQ45 loves them.

I wanted to document the very first mag out of the PPQ45 to see if I had any initial adjustment problems to the diamonds verses the dots. I didnt even think about it. I did drift my rear sight a bit to adjust for my shooting style.

Dialed in and tearing it up.

I tried both orange and bright green front sight colors and both really jumps out at you.
This is the green tritium on my G23.

·
Super Moderator
14,537 Posts
I've been waiting and wondering.......:D My testing was very brief, as I was about a week out from hand surgery, had to shoot left handed (and I'm a right hander). I shot from a rest which turned out to be a little awkward and uncomfortable....even still, my group was almost one hole with one flyer. I did like the Speed Sight sight picture....point of impact, the top/tip of the front diamond.

I guess I need to call and order some night sights.

Thanks for taking the time to test these sights.

POA/POI

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been waiting and wondering.......:D My testing was very brief, as I was about a week out from hand surgery, had to shoot left handed (and I'm a right hander). I shot from a rest which turned out to be a little awkward and uncomfortable....even still, my group was almost one hole with one flyer. I did like the Speed Sight sight picture....point of impact, the top/tip of the front diamond.

I guess I need to call and order some night sights.

Thanks for taking the time to test these sights.
With hand surgery, all shooting is tough. You have a good idea of the potential and I think they work.

·
Premium Member
8,682 Posts
Sweet sights. I don't think they would suit my purposes but they sure look like they work well.
Thanks M.

·
Super Moderator
14,537 Posts
If you'd like a discount on these sights, they have a 15% discount running until midnight 5/30/18. Better hurry...........

The PPQ sights are listed, but not displayed.....meaning you'll have to call to place your order.

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 360-531-2673

https://store.speedsights.com/index.php?route=common/home

Speed Sights pricing and shipping information

Please use the silver menu bars to the left to enter the shopping and purchase area

* MEMORIAL DAY SALE 15% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER

COUPON *DJF1979 * SALE STARTS 5/24 - MIDNIGHT 5/30

1 Notice: Sig P226 legion takes Classic Sig sights.

2 Walther P99, PPQ, and PPQ M2 limited supply for sale by phone only

3 M&P line +1s and +2s available now.

4 We don't have adjustable sights yet for any models.

5 Our shipping will be approximately 2-3 business days after ordering for all sights excpt M&P Shield rear with Tritium expect 5-7 business days.

6 SORRY NO OVERNIGHT SHIPPING AVAILABLE SO SHOP EARLY

*Check out our FACEBOOK page. Like us and Friend Us. THANKS!!*

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good info, thanks. Same set of sights for the 9mm as well as the .45ACP?
Yes, for now one size seems to work with both 9mm and 45acp. I will say that they will have a +2 available later next month if you want a larger 6 o'clock hold. You can see by my pics that they work well on the PPQ45.

Reactions: ifish42na
1 - 11 of 11 Posts