Walther Forums banner

Is a new video demonstrating a slidestrip needed/useful?

• Yes, I'd like to learn how this is done.

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • No, I already know how / I already have the JB video

Votes: 2 9.5%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

JB English's video on stripping the slide is excellent, but seems to come and go on the net at random times. So, I'm considering just recording a new video showing the process and putting it up on YouTube.

Might be useful, or might really not be needed. Thus the poll. Pls vote. :)

thorn

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Good idea... and I voted "yes" even though I know it and there is pics posted on the "how to" sticky....
the video would for sure make things easier for somebody that has never done it......
Just do it ... post a link.... and I will add it to the sticky....

·
Registered
225 Posts
BTW, anyone know where jenglish is? He doesn't live far from me and I owe him a beer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Even with his excellent video out there, it never hurts to have more then one; maybe I can pick up a new trick from your video that I didn't from his!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would like to see someone post a picture showing the spots to oil when cleaning.

BTW, I bought a needle oiler and some Weapon Shield and really like it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
While I don't need it I think any Walther related stuff we can have out there on the Web is a great idea. The more the better. Start a whole new series if you wish, I think it is a noble venture.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I voted yes. I am a "visual" person. You can tell me how, but it makes more sense when I see it.

And I have not been able to find any good (i.e. in focus and well lit) videos on how to work on the P99. I did not get JEnglish's videos downloaded before they were taken down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've figured it out but it would be nice to see someone doing it anyway. I do not have the Jenglish videos. They are not on Youtube any longer.

Thanks,

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the original files - but I don't have his permission to put them up on my own.
Same here. Has anyone had any contact or have a way to contact jenglish to see if permission could get granted? I had short pm exchange with him before he left. He doesn't live very far from me and I had hoped to get together to pick his brain about my Walther while buying him a beer after a shooting session. One email from someone asking might get a response.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok... sorry for the delay on this. I got the vid done a couple weeks ago, but didn't know about YouTube's new 10-min video limit and got bitten after uploading and waiting for awhile to see "VIDEO REJECTED".

Didn't want to redo, nor split in two parts, and then the holiday came and i was in Florida for 10 days. Had to find a new hosting site (i dont like Google Video, that was out.)

Anyway....

http://www.livevideo.com/gunpowder-treason

I've posted both Walther vids here. Hope everyone finds it helpful.

thorn

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree well done. A lot of the vids folks do like this are either out of focus or way too dark to see all the little details. You made sure to cover all that. I have this one flagged as well.

This along with the QA trigger stickie is about all anyone should need for maintaining their P99.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
It is added to the sticky

thanks for doing this Thorn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts