Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for everyone's experience on after market sites for the P99. Want to be able to see the sites better while shooting. Be nice if they glowed at night but thats not my first concern now that I have the laser. Leaning toward Trijicon...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
See the FAQ, and I think the consensus is Kimber/Meprolight are the best. IMHO, they are

James

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have Meps on my P99QA, and Trijicons on my P99.
The Meprolights are definately a better product.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! To further show my ignorance, the Mepro's picture shows the sites as having white dots, I want colored glass tube type like Trijicons have. Does Mepro have this type? I can not see them on their page. Also, has anyone tried P-T Night Sights? Are they painted on dots or the glass tube type?

·
Registered
144 Posts
PT night sight also has the white ring around the tritium insert like the Mepro sight. If you have any specific preferred height of the front sight, make sure you specify that when you're on the phone with them. The only downside is it may take up to two weeks. I'm not used to 2-dot rear sight, so I got the front sight only from PT.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mep's brighter and bigger dot's. have a set of Trijicon's and meps that are about the same age and the Mep's a shining brighter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I saw the subject and thought there was a new Walther web site up. Then I find out it's about gun sights...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts