Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my CCP for about a year and while I like the gun I dislike the sights. I'm not looking for the best you can buy just a good set that fits the gun and is visible. I found truglo on Amazon for about 70 and can't find what makes them half what they go for on the truglo sight and considered them buy figured I'd ask here and see what others have done.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I find it common that manufacturers of firearms and firearm accessories display MRSP that they recommend to resellers. However most resellers/dealers discount from the MRSP. Depending on the discount the reseller or dealer gets the price will can drop much below MRSP. Mark up depend upon the margin the seller wants to maintain.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have truglo tritium pros on my ccp, I love them, I also have truglo TFX pros on another brand of gun, love them too. The only reason that the TFX are not on my ccp is, they didnt offer the tfx for the ccp at the time that i put the tritium pros on. I like the TFX pro just a lil better for 2 reasons
1 i like the orange ring on the front sight
2 the TFX are encapsulated in sapphire cases that protects them from cleaners and solvents

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I'll get the truglo from Amazon then for 68 dollars. Almost anything will be better than stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All, I have the CCP M2 in 380. Love the pistol but hate its’ sights. Bought XS BIG DOT sights, but after gunsmith removed the rear sight screw and lifted off the sight, there’s a thread channel, atop the slide, and there’s no way the rear sight can fit. To make matters worse, removing the screw stripped the thread channel threads. Help? Do you know if the TruGlo TFX fits over that thread channel. Thank you.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi All, I have the CCP M2 in 380. Love the pistol but hate its’ sights. Bought XS BIG DOT sights, but after gunsmith removed the rear sight screw and lifted off the sight, there’s a thread channel, atop the slide, and there’s no way the rear sight can fit. To make matters worse, removing the screw stripped the thread channel threads. Help? Do you know if the TruGlo TFX fits over that thread channel. Thank you.
Warning from XS:

WARNING: Installing the XS sights on the CCP will damage the adjustment screw channel at the base of the rear sight t-slot of the slide. Once you have installed the XS rear sight and lowered the set screw, you CANNOT put the factory sights back on the slide.

https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=993883

I don't understand why your gunsmith can't install the XS rear sight. Did the rear sight dimensions change on the 380 version?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've had my CCP for about a year and while I like the gun I dislike the sights. I'm not looking for the best you can buy just a good set that fits the gun and is visible. I found truglo on Amazon for about 70 and can't find what makes them half what they go for on the truglo sight and considered them buy figured I'd ask here and see what others have done.
As far as why they maybe cheaper on Amazon could be the age of the sights. Even though they may be sealed and unopened they may be a few years old lessening the time the tritium will “glow”. They could have been bought in bulk from a shop that closed down or found sitting around some where. Unlike a “barn found” muscle car old tritium sights don’t go up in value.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The gunny removed the rear sight, and I was aware that the factory rear sight would be a dead soldier. That fricking rear sight thread channel is the factor that precludes the XS rear sight installation.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The gunny removed the rear sight, and I was aware that the factory rear sight would be a dead soldier. That fricking rear sight thread channel is the factor that precludes the XS rear sight installation.
Here is a photo of a CCP M1 9mm rear sight dovetail notch and thread channel. I'm pretty sure the CCP M2 9mm is the same. Does it look the same with the CCP M2 380?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for the photo! The CCP M2 rear sight notch is quite different. I’ve taken photos of it, but the uploads all failed.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Too bad the upload didn't work.
Cropped and lightened a couple of images from Walther.
It appears the CCP rear sight changed for the 380?

9mm top, 380 bottom:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought the TruGlo night sights from a seller on eBay for $68 with free shipping...came from a gun seller in MO on Tue after ordering them the previous Wed. Installed them myself without much effort/trouble. I posted how I did the project with pics on this forum....

"Installing TruGlo sights on CCP"

JJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts