Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Oh man that is nice. I always the finish on stainless PPk's worked well with a dark wood for grip panels. You shoot it with them on??

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man that is nice. I always the finish on stainless PPk's worked well with a dark wood for grip panels. You shoot it with them on??
I will shoot it with them mounted, yes. I like grips; I have several. And holsters, good leather holsters. I have several for each carry gun that I have too. I do have a couple of Kydex holsters from PJ Holsters and Vedder, but I mostly use them for just quick trips to the store and to store my guns in in order to prevent the dreaded safe dings.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
On a pistol like that, yes I see why you'd not want a safe "ding". I am slightly of the other school of thinking. It is a machine, made to be sued, and use invites surface imperfections. Just so long as it is reliable. You ever use "We The People" or "Dara" holsters? I have one of each for my PPS. Only real difference is the angle of the cant. We The People has a steeper cant at 15 degrees so the pistol doesn't print under lighter clothing. Dara has a bit more upright and can be worn under heavier garments. Both very comfortable and great for concealment.

I see your avatar has the "Semper Fi", I am assuming you are a Marine?? Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I am a retired USMC Infantry Officer. I typically use either Vedder or PJ Holsters for Kydex, but mostly carry in a TT Gunleather KX Lightweight IWB holster. I have three of them; one for my PPK/S, (and the PPK I just bought which should be here in a day or two) one for my Sig P365, and one for my Glock 48. Here a couple of pics with the PPK/S.

KX Lightweight PPKS 1.jpg
KX PPKS 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Carry nicely?? Looks like it presents well and is quick on the draw. Being flexed by the contour of your belt/pants, I assume it gives a little better retention?? Good looking holster.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carry nicely?? Looks like it presents well and is quick on the draw. Being flexed by the contour of your belt/pants, I assume it gives a little better retention?? Good looking holster.
It carries very nicely. Tucks the butt of which ever gun (P365, G48 or PPK/PPKS) I am carrying in extremely well. Very comfortable and very well made. I am a big TT Gunleather Fan; I think he makes a holster every bit as good as anyone, plus, his wait times are reasonable; currently, only 4 weeks. Unlike Milt Sparks, he doesn't make a bunch to populate web sites like Top Gun Supply and Brownells, he only makes orders from individuals, hence, a shorter wait time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts