Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new recoild spring from Gun PArts Corp for my .380 PP.

The spring seemed to be the right length and diameter but after getting it onto the barrel (correctly sided of course-wide opening out toward the muzzle and narrow to the breech) I found that after having a very difficult time getting the slide back on, that the spring "Clung" to the barrel. The interior diameter is so tight that it does not spring back into a full open position to keep the slide tense. It therfore sticks to the barrel!

I am sending it back of course for a replacement, but I was wondering if this was a common problem.

If the next spring does the same thing, what are my options for buying a proper spring for the pistol. It is a 1968 West German make.

Thanks,

C.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Perhaps Gun Parts got confused by your order for a "recoild" spring, instead of a "recoil" spring. As was pointed out in your previous posting about your problems with the PP, spelling IS important!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...I'll keep that in mind next time I quickly type an order from my keyboard to them.

The order was given over the phone so I don't think it was an issue, besides I've found their service order folks to be more knowledgable than you seem to be aware of.

(Ooops sorry about ending my sentence with a preposition.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts