Walther Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
What dimensions did you choose to install?
Could you co-witness with the stock sights before replacement?
I used the .215" tall x .125" wide Dawson ramped serrated black sight. This was an option when ordering the LowPro mount from the CHPWS website. The also have an option with a fiber optic front sight. It was my understanding that the stock front sight was a bit too short to co-witness. I did not try it though. I wanted to use the black front sight as opposed to a fiber optic front sight anyway.

You can order the front sight from the Dawson website and save few dollars actually.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I used the .215" tall x .125" wide Dawson ramped serrated black sight. This was an option when ordering the LowPro mount from the CHPWS website. The also have an option with a fiber optic front sight. It was my understanding that the stock front sight was a bit too short to co-witness. I did not try it though. I wanted to use the black front sight as opposed to a fiber optic front sight anyway.

You can order the front sight from the Dawson website and save few dollars actually.
Interesting. I just got an email from Walther Arms that the stock fiber optic is the same size as the Dawson you got. So maybe the stock sight will work asa co-witness, but not if you want an all-blacked out version.

Thanx for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't tested at the range yet, but I've mounted the C&H plate with a Holosun and the stock front sight appears to be the exact same height as the Dawson they sell with the plate. Since the stock front sight is easily visible through the Holosun, I returned the Dawson front sight and will test the C&H plates with the stock front sight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure. I know they have the same footprint, so I would be surprised if it doesn't. You can message the owner on chpws.com and he is responsive to questions.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts