Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a few threads about co-witnessing on the Q4/Q5.
Don't know if you're aware that Walther Arms just released the Q-SERIES RDS BACKUP SIGHTS (RMR FOOTPRINT)

This kit includes everything you need to have backup iron sights on your Q4 or Q5 Match series (polymer or Steel Frame). The new optic plate features an integrated rear sight that is the perfect height to fit RMR footprint optics, like the Trijicon RMR, Trijicon SRO, & Holosun 407/507/508 optics. Also included, is a .345" tall .125" wide front sight that corresponds with the height of the rear sight.

SKU: WA20K-KIT233
Manufacturer part number: 5139950
$149.99

My order is on its way and can't wait to mount my HS508TV2 on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got the Walther version sitting on my desk. Took 6-8 weeks after I ordered it for it to be shipped. Gonna have C&H mill my .45 PPQ for it. Looking forward to having a dot on the .45!

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
I've got the Walther version sitting on my desk. Took 6-8 weeks after I ordered it for it to be shipped. Gonna have C&H mill my .45 PPQ for it. Looking forward to having a dot on the .45!
Shooting with a dot gets addictive.

I got to the point where going to the pistol range was more of an eye test than a skills test.

The dot changes that equation.

It is good see Walther and the third party come out with these plates. It shows realization that dot-sighted handguns are starting to be used for more than recreational and sport shooting.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I got to the point where going to the pistol range was more of an eye test than a skills test.

It is good see Walther and the third party come out with these plates. It shows realization that dot-sighted handguns are starting to be used for more than recreational and sport shooting.
Exactly. Most of my handguns have dots or will get dots. My 57 year old bureaucratic, computer staring eyes need all the help they can get. I'm also cross eye dominant which doesn't help when using iron sights. Dots make that a non-issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with the Walther mount and couldn’t be happier. Like I mentioned in another post, I feel the RMR footprint opens it up for more red dot sight choices.... I’m also really liking the Swampfox offerings; great quality for the price...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my Walther co-witness mount finally installed with the Holosun 508T V2. And it looks gorgeous!

I was surprised how low the sight was mounted after it was installed. I hadn't put on the accompanying front sight yet, and I already can see the stock fiber optic. I'll have to check at the range if it's still zeroed as it was before the plate change.

·
Registered
582 Posts

I too am a recent convert to red dots. However, I don`t use them for 25m static precision target shooting.

You can still successfully use your non-red dot equipped pistols/revolvers for this type of shooting. The solution is a shooting glass (mono-glass) of the type used by match shooters. The prescription glass must be focused on the front sight, but the addition of a clip-on variable aperture will give you focus on all three planes.

This solution is, of course, no use for defensive or dynamic shooting. It is also somewhat expensive.

Balor

1 - 20 of 25 Posts