Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find replacements? I just picked up my new PPK/S and want to get some wood grip panels, but the ones I'm finding are for the S&W versions only.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Maybe Walther? They have a wood set that comes with a version of the PPK. I'm not sure if they have the same dimensions as the S&W grips.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
They appear to be based heavily upon the S&W version, ergo it's safe to assume they have the same dimensions and thus S&W PPK/S grips will fit a new Walther as well. If not, then they may require a bit of fitting, but should still work.

If you want to be sure, then try contacting Walther Arms Customer Support, they should have a definitive answer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't think to contact Walther (duh) I wrote them an email. I might also get a cheap S&W grip and see if they work.

I will update once I figure something else.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Maybe Walther? They have a wood set that comes with a version of the PPK. I'm not sure if they have the same dimensions as the S&W grips.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Exactly this. They are shipping a version of the PPK/S with what appear to be very nice wooden grips.

Perhaps the will sell to you directly or tell you who is making the grips for them.

I've talked to them in the past and got different answers from different people. Seems it sometimes depends who you are talking to...

·
Super Moderator
7,510 Posts
Can't speak for how they will interchange, but Altamont makes really great, reasonably priced grips.
Moon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any info on why the difference, I have a nice set of Houges on my( i think 89) PPK/S stainless model. But check out houges, they came with mu gun, but i think thete pretty expensive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just heard back from Walther customer support and they said that the new production PPK/S and Smith and Wesson PPK/S share the same grip panels.

I think I'm going to find a cheap pair and make sure before I spring for something fancy.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If Walther says that the new production Walther PPK/S grips are interchangeable with S&W PPK/S grips, then you can take their word for it. Walther arms bought all of the leftover parts and tooling from S&W after their production run was concluded, ergo the frames on the new PPK/S were most likely built to the same specifications using the same equipment, and may even have been fitted with leftover grips from the S&W grips.

So yeah, don't waste your money on a cheap pair of grips, just buy some from Altamont. My S&W PPK/S is fitted with Altamont Super Rosewood Grips, and they were worth every penny.

Reactions: OmegaJB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If Walther says that the new production Walther PPK/S grips are interchangeable with S&W PPK/S grips, then you can take their word for it. Walther arms bought all of the leftover parts and tooling from S&W after their production run was concluded, ergo the frames on the new PPK/S were most likely built to the same specifications using the same equipment, and may even have been fitted with leftover grips from the S&W grips.

So yeah, don't waste your money on a cheap pair of grips, just buy some from Altamont. My S&W PPK/S is fitted with Altamont Super Rosewood Grips, and they were worth every penny.

I will probably pick up a set of Altamont grips this weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Where can I find replacements? I just picked up my new PPK/S and want to get some wood grip panels, but the ones I'm finding are for the S&W versions only.
Grips4u.net have them for all PP and PPK/S models. I have used Altamont and Grips4u grips. They are both of very high quality.

Trooper Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are out of ALL of the rosewood grips?
Dang.
I am going to try some flea bay wood grips that have a nice look.
They take a month to get here, but for $40 I can wait.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts