Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. New to this forum as I’m new to Walther.

Purchased a NIB PPS M2 LE model on 2/5/19. Took it to the range today and on third round the right phosphorus dot on the rear sight fell out. Looked but couldn’t find it. Other than that :)confused:) love the pistol!

I contacted Walther via their customer service email but I’m wanting to know what I can expect from them regarding warranty work/replacing the rear sights. Anyone had a similar issue?

As an FYI I was shooting Sellier & Bellot 115gr 9mm (no +p, etc).

Thanks!

Also - does Walther replace sights. Thinking if I have to send it to them (assume I will have to) maybe just have night sites put on. Thoughts?

·
Registered
78 Posts
It seems to be almost expected.
I still have my dots on non LE.
Others have posted that you will pay shipping for Walther to glue a new dot in.
If my sights crap out I'll just replace them with nondefective aftermarket upgrades
Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have had my PPS M2 LE for 2 years now. 2000 rounds through it. Green dots still there. No issues.

So Walther would replace these without an issue. Just submit warranty request with them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
To me the phosphorus sights are worthless because if you carry in any manner concealed the sights won't get charged. They need to see light so I would just paint the sights with nail polish. I just gave my second PPSM2 to my son and it had the painted dots, just fine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello all. New to this forum as I’m new to Walther.

Purchased a NIB PPS M2 LE model on 2/5/19. Took it to the range today and on third round the right phosphorus dot on the rear sight fell out. Looked but couldn’t find it. Other than that :)confused:) love the pistol!

I contacted Walther via their customer service email but I’m wanting to know what I can expect from them regarding warranty work/replacing the rear sights. Anyone had a similar issue?

As an FYI I was shooting Sellier & Bellot 115gr 9mm (no +p, etc).

Thanks!

Also - does Walther replace sights. Thinking if I have to send it to them (assume I will have to) maybe just have night sites put on. Thoughts?
Happened to me. Called Walther and they sent me a replacement. When I opened the package, the dot had already fell off. Contacted Walther and sent them the slide. They replaced both sights with crappy everyday white dot sights. Can hardly see them in daylight; night? Forgetabgouit. Worse CS i've seen in years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
To me the phosphorus sights are worthless because if you carry in any manner concealed the sights won't get charged. They need to see light so I would just paint the sights with nail polish. I just gave my second PPSM2 to my son and it had the painted dots, just fine.

I bought the "Police" version because I got a smoking hot deal on it from Cabelas. Once I got it home, I swapped out the factory (phosphorus) sights for a set of Trijicon HDs. IMHO, these are a huge improvement. Not only are they always glowing in the dark, but the big orange or green daylight front sight and "U" notch rear sight really work fast for these old eyes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Walther contacted me via email and they will send a new rear sight (I had the option to send them the slide for them to install). Although I'll let them send me a new sight I ordered a set of Trijicon HD sights for it and will have those installed to replace the crappy factory sights.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a set of HD’s ordered for my PPS m1. I opted for the yellow front as I feel I pick the yellow up quickly. Do you feel yours are too “tall” for the pistol or do you feel there are good to go on the PPS??

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a set of HD’s ordered for my PPS m1. I opted for the yellow front as I feel I pick the yellow up quickly. Do you feel yours are too “tall” for the pistol or do you feel there are good to go on the PPS??

While taller than the factory sights, I feel these work just fine and their height has never been an issue as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thank you for the picture. That is exactly what I needed to see. Much appreciated! Glad you like them. I am sure I will too!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Purchased a NIB PPS M2 LE model on 2/5/19. Took it to the range today and on third round the right phosphorus dot on the rear sight fell out. Looked but couldn’t find it. Other than that (
) love the pistol!

Mine left sight fell out last week hmmm I really dont know what to do yet Im not very happy...
I had my trigger reworked from the recall from the factory and now Im getting finger pinch from the trigger tang .I send my m1 back for trigger pinch and they fix the pinch so I guess I'll contact service and see what they say.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine left sight fell out last week hmmm I really dont know what to do yet Im not very happy...
I had my trigger reworked from the recall from the factory and now Im getting finger pinch from the trigger tang .I send my m1 back for trigger pinch and they fix the pinch so I guess I'll contact service and see what they say.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Question, once I get the HD’s on will it still fit in the sight channel of most Kydex holsters? I have a Lenwood Spector and Clinger v3 Stingray ordered for it. All my other pistols that I have HD’s on fit fine. But I know these are a bit high on the PPS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts