Walther Forums banner

New PPQ owner

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  mikel 
#1 · (Edited)
Am a lucky guy- won the drawing at the WA State IDPA championship for a Walther PPQ 5”. So far am impressed.

My quick assessment:

Trigger is better than my XD, M&P, P320, & Glock.

Take down is Glock-esqe, as is the trigger safety & front sight mounting method

Rear sight is adjustable for windage but not elevation.

Grip with the medium badkstrap fits me well & the checkering is aggressive , yet not abrasive.

Hopefully I can take it out to the range soon, but work is getting in the way

So far- am impressed.

#6 ·
Don't be fooled...the ppq m2 is an inferior firearm. You will be miserable. These people are just fooling themselves and they have secret chat rooms stating so. Since you didn't pay a dime for it...I'll do you a favor and give you $200 for it...but hurry...I'll likely go buy a real hand gun if you don't sell it to me

#11 ·
I already added talon grips as many have suggested in various areas, and I have to say, it took a great feeling grip and made it amazing. For $17 shipped I couldn't be happier. Installation was easy, wash your hands to remove oil, andcarefully clean entire area of the grip with high % rubbing alcohol, dry completely, and carefully roll the talon grip around the pistol. Easy to readjust if not how you want it (I can be OCD at times). When happy, take a hair dryer, and carefully heat up the grip till it's just warm, and press firmly. Repeat a few times, and your golden.

#14 ·
I had Talon grips on my PPQ M1, though I liked them they kept peeling up around the edges. I finally replaced them with Pachmayr, which did a better job of conforming to my palm. The Talons basically follow the contour of the gun with creating a non slip surface but no cushion. Personally I think the PPQ has a great none slip surface already, but I prefer a grip that fills my hand. Heck in the old days we used to wrap a bunch of rubber bands around the grip until the grip felt comfortable and didn’t slide around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.