Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am a lucky guy- won the drawing at the WA State IDPA championship for a Walther PPQ 5”. So far am impressed.

My quick assessment:

Trigger is better than my XD, M&P, P320, & Glock.

Take down is Glock-esqe, as is the trigger safety & front sight mounting method

Rear sight is adjustable for windage but not elevation.

Grip with the medium badkstrap fits me well & the checkering is aggressive , yet not abrasive.

Hopefully I can take it out to the range soon, but work is getting in the way

So far- am impressed.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi, welcome from Clarkston.

Congrats on winning a Walther.

You will soon see that they are superior guns.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Team- thanks for all the positive feedback. With great regret, my schedule hasn’t allowed me to get to the range and give it a run.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't be fooled...the ppq m2 is an inferior firearm. You will be miserable. These people are just fooling themselves and they have secret chat rooms stating so. Since you didn't pay a dime for it...I'll do you a favor and give you $200 for it...but hurry...I'll likely go buy a real hand gun if you don't sell it to me

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't be fooled...the ppq m2 is an inferior firearm. You will be miserable. These people are just fooling themselves and they have secret chat rooms stating so. Since you didn't pay a dime for it...I'll do you a favor and give you $200 for it...but hurry...I'll likely go buy a real hand gun if you don't sell it to me
What a friend.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind offer. I’ll keep that in mind. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I already added talon grips as many have suggested in various areas, and I have to say, it took a great feeling grip and made it amazing. For $17 shipped I couldn't be happier. Installation was easy, wash your hands to remove oil, andcarefully clean entire area of the grip with high % rubbing alcohol, dry completely, and carefully roll the talon grip around the pistol. Easy to readjust if not how you want it (I can be OCD at times). When happy, take a hair dryer, and carefully heat up the grip till it's just warm, and press firmly. Repeat a few times, and your golden.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, I'm not affiliated with talon grips lol. Just a new owner myself and wanted to share.
I’ve got a set on my SIG 320, love them too. But to be honest, I do like the grips as they are quite a bit.

Will leave them as is for now.

Am thinking about getting a FO front sight. Anyone know the height of the factory front sight?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had Talon grips on my PPQ M1, though I liked them they kept peeling up around the edges. I finally replaced them with Pachmayr, which did a better job of conforming to my palm. The Talons basically follow the contour of the gun with creating a non slip surface but no cushion. Personally I think the PPQ has a great none slip surface already, but I prefer a grip that fills my hand. Heck in the old days we used to wrap a bunch of rubber bands around the grip until the grip felt comfortable and didn’t slide around.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got out to the range yesterday, work & chores got in the way.

Gun ran flawlessly, shot a little to the left however. Might be me, or may need to adjust the rear sight. Need more time with it.

Overall am very happy with it. Fun gun for sure.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Gun ran flawlessly, shot a little to the left however. Might be me, or may need to adjust the rear sight. Need more time with it.

Yep, probably you but not to worry as long as you do it consistently. Kinda like playing for a draw in golf.

·
Registered
103 Posts

lol, mine 'shoots left' as well. Some practice and trigger finger placement corrects most my pull to the left.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts