Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Walther PPQ M2 Q4 Tac. I wanted it for the MOS option. I knew I'd lose the rear iron sight if I switched and I was okay with that but of course I would love to have both as an option. I recently came across this image of a PPQ Q4 with both as an option and I was confused. I did not see this option on any website during my search for my PPQ. I was able to find it on a website or two over in Europe but not in the US. Is it not out here? Does anyone have any more information on it? Can I purchase this slide from Walther separately?

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
In that picture, Walther has provided a milled slide specifically for the Shield RMSc. Which means the milled area is smaller/shorter than the normal milled area that accepts the factory plates. This allowed them to move the milled slot a little farther forward, leaving the rear dovetail untouched, while mounting the RMSc directly to the slide.

Now, will that be able in the US? Not a clue.

But, the Shield has a 'rear sight notch' made into the rear of the housing.....look at the picture again. Granted, its not tritium filled, but you do have a rear sight.

Here's one of my Q's with the Shield RMS, mounted to a Shield 'low mount' plate. The picture doesn't really show the correct relationship between the front and rear sight, as the front sight almost completely fills up the slot in the rear, leaving just a little 'air' on either side.

I'm using a Speed Sight on the front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight, oldfart.

"Walther's Q5 Match & PPQ M2 Q4 TAC pistols will soon be available with a Shield RMSc red dot sight, the company announced at IWA OutdoorClassics 2018."

I guess their plans changed. Wonder why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts