Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I am new to this forum, new to guns, and new to my recently purchased Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm. I鈥檓 29 years young and live in Illinois. Great state for owning guns 馃槈 FOID card process is a pain in the A**!!

I鈥檝e done a lot of research before I made my purchase. I feel confident this will be a great first Gun for HD. Just need to practice.

Thanks all!

Registered
Welcome from WI!

I lived in IL (Crook Co) for 20 years before escaping.

Your PPQ is a sweet shooter. Hopefully you can get into a range soon.

For HD ammo, I'd suggest Federal HST, Speer God Dots, or Hornady Critical Defense. For training, I like Fiocchi or SIG ball ammo.

Whatever you choose for HD, you need to make sure it will function 100% - so you need to shoot up a bunch of it without a hitch before calling it good.

Registered
Welcome from coastal North Carolina.

I enjoyed my PPQ until my adult daughter got her hands on it at the range one day; then, exclaimed, "Daddy, this would make a perfect early birthday present!". It did.

I hope you enjoyed learning to shoot your new PPQ and get training from a qualified instructor before you develop/practice bad habits that will cost you dearly to correct or turn you off from our sport. The flinch is not the only one.

Like driver's education, you can read and watch videos to learn but it takes a good instructor to train you to become a better driver by pointing out how you can do things differently to achieve the best results through practice.

Registered
Daughters and PPQs

Hi,

Welcome to the Walther Forums. I've finally gotten enough time to enjoy it due to the current pandemic situation which has us teachers at home! I used to live in Chicago, but not long enough for it to become annoying before coming back to Texas!

I've got a 13 year old daughter that I'm about to start on a PPQ/22LR before moving her to a the regular 9mm version. If it comes to that, I'll get her, her own! She can't have mine!:D

Registered
Greetings from coastal NC. The PPQ was my first Walther - it is a great gun. However, I kept riding the reset (my fault) and I got enough unintentional double taps that I switched to the P99 compact. The P99c was my last striker-fired pistol purchase, and the only one that is still in my collection. It has been my primary HD pistol for several years, and I have no need for anything else to fill that role. (FYI, both it and my car gun, a SIG P6, have one in the chamber and are decocked.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts