Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried the PPQ M2 40 S&W magazines in my existing mag pouches and no bueno. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What's the problem fitwise? What mag(s) was the pouch designed for?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ya, been having the same issue between that, the lack of holsters and the low round count in 40. Not overly impressed with the PPQ. I replace it with something else. Which is too bad because the ergo are amazing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also have a PPQ in 45 ACP w/ a threaded barrel. Kevin at Muddy River Tactical molded up a paddle holster for it. The 40 cal fits it perfectly.
I need one for OWB and with retention. Have had one on order with safariland. Ordered back in the beginning of August. I could not wait anymore and had to get something.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What's the problem fitwise? What mag(s) was the pouch designed for?
The PPQ 40 cals are smaller than the Glock 9mm mags.
I understand that issue. Glock mags have a little extra thickness. Ppq mags are more the standard double stack mag dimension. Perhaps a new mag pouch for standard double stacks would be needed?

·
Premium Member
13,560 Posts
A little info on the difference between a PPQ in 9mm and 40.

The difference between a PPQ 5" 9mm and 40 S&W is ZERO.

The only difference between a PPQ 4" 9mm and 40 S&W is the 40 S&W slide is about 1/8" longer......that's it. The frames are the same. What that means is, if a 9mm holster has an 'open' muzzle end the 40 will fit perfectly....the muzzle will protrude about 1/8" out the muzzle of the holster.

The PPQ 45 is a physically larger gun....the frame is larger and the slide is larger, primarily, the slide is taller as well as a 1/4" longer. What that means is, you can stick a PPQ 9 or 40 into a PPQ 45 holster. You cannot stuff a PPQ 45 into a PPQ 9/40 holster.

Holsters for the PPQ 9/40 calibers are readily available.

As for mag carriers, I've found that Sig P226 and CZ75 9mm mags are almost a perfect match when compared to a PPQ mag. I use Sig P226 20 round mags in my PPQ 9mm's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was at the Grand Opening of a new gunsmith shop yesterday. There was a local holster maker that had set up a table at the event. I told him about my "skinny mag" issue with the PPQ. He referred to my plight as the old "hot dog in a bean can" problem. He showed me the mag holder he designed. It can take the largest double stack or even 1911 single stack mags. The holder has a movable back plate that is adjustable with a set screw and presses on the rear of the mag, not the sides. You can set how much tension you wish and regardless of size the mag stays centered in the holder. I bought two. When I got home I adjusted them for the PPQ 40 mags. Now it's off to a match to see how they perform.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts