Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first 2 Walther handguns using some of the money I obtained selling my VP9sk. Havn't shot them yet but looking forward to it. Ppq has the FO front sights and a 5" titanium nitride coated barrel. The ppq is the best feeling gun in hand ergonomically, the P99c on the other hand I cannot say the same, but I still like the gun.... trigger reset on both of them are insane (I'm sure everyone on here is aware of this). Anyways, glad I'm now apart of the walther family, euro mag release FTW!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from the Mountains.
I perfer the P99 over the PPQ. To each his own.

Reactions: dpadams6

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually from dry firing I do like the P99 trigger better. I've never shot a gun with such a short reset. Anyhow, I'm from New Hampshire btw and I'm on my way to shoot a few hundred and see how they perform. Thanks for the warm welcomes!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Actually from dry firing I do like the P99 trigger better. I've never shot a gun with such a short reset. Anyhow, I'm from New Hampshire btw and I'm on my way to shoot a few hundred and see how they perform. Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Great, let us know how it went. I think you will love the PPQ after shooting it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shot it yesterday, love how the ppq shot, overall I absolutely fell in love with it, that being said the ppq had 2 failure to extract in the first few mags, after that it was fine, maybe just needed to be broken in or maybe some oil got on the extractor

Now to the P99c which I prob put 200 rounds through. Recoil was more then expected, and I must of had like 6 failure to extract. At this point I was thinking it was the ammo or just the fact i bought it used, went home and cleaned the piss out of the extractor (which was filthy) and hoping to not have any problems. I will say the grip on the P99c is horrendous, those little bumps don't do anything, and shooting indoors when it's 90 degrees with minimal ac, it was hard to control and manipulate. But I'm gonna take it to the range again and give it one more time

The ppq is the best gun I have ever shot. I'm in love. The p99 is growing on me, hopefully the extraction issues are fixed and maybe I can get some talon grips.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Do you have the flush mag, or the pinky extension?

You can also get a grip extension and run a PPQ Classic/P99 mag in there. Most of us with P99c carry a full mag with the extender as a backup when EDC it.

Tip: put a Butler Creek/Uncle Mike's grip sleeve on the '99c. Much easier to hang onto. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you have the flush mag, or the pinky extension?

You can also get a grip extension and run a PPQ Classic/P99 mag in there. Most of us with P99c carry a full mag with the extender as a backup when EDC it.

Tip: put a Butler Creek/Uncle Mike's grip sleeve on the '99c. Much easier to hang onto. :D
Or the rubber talon grip. Made A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE for me, in the p99/P99c grip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dumped another few hundred rounds in her with 0 malfunctions, whatever the problems was seems to be fixed (prob dirty extractor)

As far that magazines go, I have 3 15/17 round mags from my ppq that I'm happy to say work quite nicely in the P99c but yes I will be needing a sleeve. It's nice having such a wide variety of mags that will work with the gun, not to mention the sw99 mags that are much cheaper. You can't beat German engineering but you can beat there prices on mags, $40 is way to expensive for a small piece of sheet metal

As far as grips go I will prob get some talons, I've been trying to analyze and justify a way of stippling the polymer all the while still making it look good but the way the frame is made with all of its dips and valleys and crevices I think it wouldn't turn out as good looking as a typical Glock would. Has anyone out there actually stipples a p99? The 2 I saw on google images looked attrocious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts