Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Walther lovers,

I'm in a pickle as I've been informed that as of Jan 2019, my paddle/serpa style holster is no longer acceptable for IPSC (Australia):(

I've been trying to see what's on offer, but I'm not getting anywhere. As I'm finding that most retailers are supporting the M2 or Q5 these days.

I'm not looking for those speed comp holsters like Ghost or DA...maybe if there is no other option.

Anyone out there could suggest a retailer that can ship to Australia and not cost me the bank?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Is your existing holster unacceptable because of the mechanism? If that's the case, would they accept it if you simply removed the mechanism?

The reason I ask is because I have a holster similar to the Serpa and was able to remove the mechanism simply by driving out a pin. This is non-destructive, so you can restore the holster to its original state quite easily. This simple modification made the draw faster - I manage 0.8 sec., which is not far off the aimed-for range of 0.5 to 0.7 sec. In spite of the lack of retention, the pistol has never fallen out of the holster during combat drills.

I also have a PPQ Classic and the holster referred to is cheap and made from hard plastic (not Kydex). You can choose various attachments (paddle, belt loop etc.). It is made by IMI Defense and ZAHAL will ship at a very reasonable cost:

https://zahal.org/product/imi-defense-level-2-walther-ppq-m1-holster-imi-z1420/

Balor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Balor,

Its the mechanism, needing the trigger finger to release the gun.

And yes, I do have the same IMI holster, I have never let my finger slip (heavens forbid) to the trigger. But gotta play by the rules.

Do you remember which pin you tapped out. I didn't think there was enough tension to keep the gun in when running around for IPSC. I might have to give it the jump test.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The pin is the only visible one (the hinge point of the lever). You can drive it out from the bottom (from the top, the lip of the holster is in your way). Use a 2mm flat-headed punch.

If it fails your jump test, you'll have to look for something else - but I think it's worth a try.

Balor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts