Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to own a P22 awhile back but moved on to other things. The 22 LR bug hit me again so I went to Walther and picked up the PPQ in 22 LR.

Shot my first 250rounds today with zero issues. This pistol is a joy to shoot. Fire 200 rounds of CCI Mini Mags and 50 rounds of CCI Stingers.

I was super surprised at how clean this ammo shot. Cleaning was a breeze. Looking forward to many more trips to the range.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like mine a lot as well.

Try CCI Standard Velocity. That's all I shoot in mine.

The PPQ .22 is often overlooked, and looked down on due to being manufactured by Umarex, but it has worked well for me.

Doesn't seem to have the issues the P22 has, and is full size.

·
Premium Member
13,804 Posts
Is the PPQ 22 the same size as the PPQ M1/2? Wondering if the PPQ 22 will fit properly in a kydex holster made for a PPQ fullsize.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the PPQ 22 the same size as the PPQ M1/2? Wondering if the PPQ 22 will fit properly in a kydex holster made for a PPQ fullsize.
I believe the PPQ 22 was designed to mimic its 9mm counterpart.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a 5" .22 to mate up with my 9mm. I have a P22 that I've had for about 10 years and have no real complaint with it. Got one of the 5" conversion kits for it and mounted a Walther Top Point red dot sight. It shoots phenomenally well, small groups at 25yds and one hole any closer.

I only hate disassembly, having to remove the front barrel shroud and the %$#@**&%$ non-captive recoil spring. I did buy a Galloway captive spring and the quick change UM Tactical red dot mount fits the P22 well so its not the total PITA it used to be.

Understand the PPQ .22 has an internal hammer versus a striker but since operation is the same, not a big deal. I only hesitate because the P22 performs so well.

·
Banned
34 Posts
have 2800 rounds through my PPQ 5" and it has been as reliable as an anvil. It shoots anything but prefers CCI SV and other Federal products. It actually gets more accurate with round count, or maybe its me getting used to it. I really like being able to hold a full size grip instead of a scaled down design. That's why it replaced my S&W Victory. Ruger SRs and the P22s are too toy like for me. I have pulled the pins and taken it completely down for cleaning after 2500 rounds. I also removed the "safety" on the trigger and smoothed it out for a much better feel. Additionally I put a Tandemkross diffuser on it, a Williams rear sight for a S&W M&P and a Dawson PPQ M2 9mm front sight. The stock Walther rear sight will eventually fall apart. Its junk. Its a great toy and in spite of the thin barrel goes a long way before heating up. The image is before I removed the "safety"" on the trigger.

·
Registered
273 Posts
have 2800 rounds through my PPQ 5" and it has been as reliable as an anvil. It shoots anything but prefers CCI SV and other Federal products. It actually gets more accurate with round count, or maybe its me getting used to it. I really like being able to hold a full size grip instead of a scaled down design. That's why it replaced my S&W Victory. Ruger SRs and the P22s are too toy like for me. I have pulled the pins and taken it completely down for cleaning after 2500 rounds. I also removed the "safety" on the trigger and smoothed it out for a much better feel. Additionally I put a Tandemkross diffuser on it, a Williams rear sight for a S&W M&P and a Dawson PPQ M2 9mm front sight. The stock Walther rear sight will eventually fall apart. Its junk. Its a great toy and in spite of the thin barrel goes a long way before heating up. The image is before I removed the "safety"" on the trigger.
How much modification was needed to use the Williams sight? Is the different front sight required with the new rear sight?

The photo didn't come through.

It surprises me that the PPQ .22 isn't more popular. I also like that it's a full-size pistol, unlike most of the others. I prefer it over my TX22.

·
Registered
29 Posts
He's an oddball for sure, but Nutnfancy loves the PPQ both the 9mm and 22LR versions, he's got videos out on the 4 and 5" 9's and the 5" 22LR. They are worth a watch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'll chime in here, too. I have both the P22 Target model and the PPQ M2 22 Target model with the fiber optic front sight. The P22 is a tackdriver BUT is finicky on ammo and is really small in my hand. The PPQ 22 is accurate, eats anything I feed it, and is the exact same size (but lighter) and texture as the normal PPQ M2. Clearly, I'd pick the PPQ over the P22.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Only one minor issue

I had a PPK 22LR many years ago, loved it. Recently I picked up a second-hand PPQ M2 22LR for steel challenge. It's a joy to shoot, good sized grip for my large hands. However, after about 100 rounds I noticed the rear slide roll pin walking out towards the right. Tapped it in a bit with a punch, carried on. Next time at the range, same pin tried to escape. This time I pushed the pin back farther, so it was set into the slide properly (I think). Aluminum slide, so I tried to be careful. Others have had this same issue, probably just a manufacturing issue with the slides at the time it was made.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a PPQ 22 lr with a threaded barrel wearing a dead air can. absolutely love it. it is a great training tool since it is standard ppq size and is so cheap to shoot. and the can makes it sound like a old spring powered bb gun. it is the most fun to shoot gun that I own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a minor issue with my new-ish PPQ M2 .22. and called customer service in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. I mentioned it being made in Germany; he said yes. I asked if it was an "upgraded" Umarex pellet pistol. He said, "Absolutely not." The Umarex .177 pellet pistol and the PPQ M2 .22 LR have nothing to do with each other.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Williams has 4 different M&P sights listed. Which one did you use and was it difficult to install?
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts