Walther Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,666 Posts
I'm surprised that now, after the holidays, deliveries are still inconsistent.

I had a "2nd Day Air" delivery scheduled and confirmed for Friday, and didn't get an update saying otherwise. When it didn't arrive, I checked, and it had been rescheduled for the following Monday.

This was at work, so no big deal, but if I'd taken a day off to receive it I'd be pretty ticked.
I had a similar recent experience trying to get a Trijicon SRO delivered to my home.

Many people I know are now sick. Just a guess but I think things are going to slow down for awhile until staffing gets back to normal and consistent levels.

That's just a hunch and one I hope I'm wrong about.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Walther has already sent the form to return the gun to them. Only issue I am going to have I see, is that I will have to make sure I am home the day they return the gun to me as it requires an adult signature. This will mean taking a vacation day from work to set and wait for it to be delivered. Sorry but that just sucks.
Firearms have to have an adult signature, it's the law. You can have the UPS/FedEx location hold it at the station for you rather than waiting all day for it to get to your house. It's a much better option than waiting around all day.

As for deliveries, not naming names, but a friend flies for one of the big shipping companies and Covid has caused a lot of pilots and drivers to quarantine causing staff shortages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Walther .22 guns is made by Umarex "toy" facility in Amsberg and the quality is not near the weapons made in Ulm factory.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
The Walther .22 guns is made by Umarex "toy" facility in Amsberg and the quality is not near the weapons made in Ulm factory.
That's what folks say but my two and a half Umarex/Walther pistols shoot great. Their .22 conversion kit for the Beretta 92 is nicer than the old one made in Italy by Beretta themselves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought brand new 1911 in .22 LR made by Walther but the slide was without steel pin at slide stop standard for .22LR. After 200 bullets the slide stop was heavily worn out. Return gun for refund. I also have PPQ 45 and this is different story.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
>The Walther .22 guns is made by Umarex "toy" facility in Amsberg and the quality is not near the weapons made in Ulm factory<<
I agree, but my PPQ 22 (5") is one of the most reliable .22 autos I've ever had, and eats any ammo I throw at it.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
That's what folks say but my two and a half Umarex/Walther pistols shoot great. Their .22 conversion kit for the Beretta 92 is nicer than the old one made in Italy by Beretta themselves.
I owned a Unmarex manufactured Beretta 92FSR and it was great. My daughter has it now. Wanted to give her a .22LR pistol, gave her a choice of an SR22 and the 92FSR and she chose the Beretta. Maybe she'll let me shoot it when we visit. ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
It doesn't cost as much, either.

Some Umarex guns are better than others.

The PPQ22 uses an aluminum slide, vs a cast Zinc slide for the P22.

The new FN .22 pistol is made by Umarex, and has been well received.

My PPQ22 has been good as well. Rimfire firearms aren't subjected to the same amount of forces as centerfire firearms, so they aren't typically made as robust.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you have a 'Fedex' account, you are probably able to do something similar. Have them 'hold' your package for 'customer pickup'. The only problem ' I ' would have with that is that the Fedex facility is a loooooong drive from my house. While the USPS is about 3 minutes away.
Just to add to the discussion, some of the shipping requirements are not Walther's decision. It has to do with the way federal law allows for shipping of firearms. USPS won't ship handguns at all (to my knowledge) so they have to go via a 3rd party service like UPS or FedEx. And the government says that all firearms have to go to an FFL Unless it is your firearm AND you are sending it to the manufacturer for repair AND it is returned to the address it was sent from.

The signature requirement may or may not be a Walther thing. However, regardless of whether Walther alone requires that or FedEx/UPS requires that for handguns (to cover their own liability and avoid package theft), shouldn't really matter. That's definitely one type of item that you do not want stolen off your porch. I'm pretty rural and I still wouldn't want a firearm returned to me without a signature requirement. That's just not a police report I would want to make.
Agreed. Also Fedex had employees stealing guns from forearms manufacturers so it's probably not a good idea to let it sit at a fedex hub.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Walther has already sent the form to return the gun to them. Only issue I am going to have I see, is that I will have to make sure I am home the day they return the gun to me as it requires an adult signature. This will mean taking a vacation day from work to set and wait for it to be delivered. Sorry but that just sucks.
Can the shipment be sent to a UPS store that you can go in to pick it up without burning a vacation day? I would think that would be doable. Or if they ship USPS, pick up at the post office? I'm sure Fed Ex has a way to do this also. Just a thought.

Edit: I didn't see the above information until my post posted. Would an FFL be an option? I know when I got my PPQ Q4 M2 TAC 9mm, I found a local FFL that only charged 20 bucks. Jim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe ask Walther to ship so as to have it held at your local FEDEX office and then you can pick it up there at any time of day (9 AM to 9 PM).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. They didn’t Give me an option besides Fe
Thanks for the suggestion. They didn’t Give me an option besides FedEx. I will ask them though
USPS service is terrible in by area, most unreliable. If it weren't for Informed Delivery, I wouldn't know how much mail that is sent to me and never delivered. I use Informed Delivery to report the missing items, but all I get is a message from a USPS rep stating he is looking into it and is closing the ticket. Missing 1 item last week and 2 items from Monday for a total of 3 items.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. They didn’t Give me an option besides FedEx. I will ask them though
I'm sure you already know this. But in the past year FedEx has been hit/miss on making their stated delivery dates. More often wrong than not. Hope you don't take a day off for nothing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I will try to get some pictures up. gun came back yesterday. I did not get a chance to examine it yet. it went straight to the safe then I had to leave the house and was not home until late. I have been at work all day today and not sure if I will get to look at it tonight or not, but at least it is home. Just wanted to post an update.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts