Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my smith version ppk about 4 months ago and missed it alot it didn't jam in 600 rounds. So I got another what a mistake. the slide wouldn't lock back for the first several times, finally it did. I then had problems getting the slide off the gun and once again finally i got it to remove, but what bothered me most was that the barrel where the bullet entered the chamber had a nick that i almost cut my self with.It was on the out side and wouldn't effect the way a round would chamber. i paid good money for better quality than this junk.I took a screw driver to remove those burrs.I put the slide back on and since then I have not been able to remove it. Will smith and wesson give be a new one if i send this back? It is also coverd by davidson life time replacement. I dont think davidsons should be resposible for a factory defect.I havent fired it to try and break it in. the sharp burrs were really annoying.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
S&W has had continual issues with quality control with the PPK clones that they produce. IMHO, you would probably be better off with an Interarms PPK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my new gun today. good thing it had the davidson lifetime warranty. So far no flaws on this one. I still see 2 marks that were dented on the last gun these are burr free and hardly noticable i probably wouldnt of even known they were there if the last gun was not so chewed up. The marks might have something to do when that press the barrel in place.

S

·
0 Posts
PPK S&W vrs PPK Interarms of German

S&W has had continual issues with quality control with the PPK clones that they produce. IMHO, you would probably be better off with an Interarms PPK.
That's the reason I looked around, discovered Earl's (Earl's Walther Repair )
and bought a primo used pre-ban Walther. I couldn't be happier. except when I think about the price. :eek: I don't know a thing about Interarms. Gonna go take a look. Thanks RickJZ

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That's the reason I looked around, discovered Earl's (Earl's Walther Repair )
and bought a primo used pre-ban Walther. I couldn't be happier. except when I think about the price. :eek: I don't know a thing about Interarms. Gonna go take a look. Thanks RickJZ

You have done what I dream of doing. I think it is worth it if you have the money, I would and maybe will someday. You just can't find NIB German PPK's anywhere. Would you mind sending me a PM and let me know what Earl's charged you? It's been a couple of years since I priced one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts