Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, my new High Noon Holsters, model Tail Gunner, arrived. I was planning on using it with my PP .32. This holster is really nice; they did a great job. Anyway, the holster is advertised to fit the PP, PPK, or PPK\S. Well, the inside of the holster has the marking of a PPK from the production process, so even though it fits the PP fine, it fit the PPK at the gun store even better so I brought the PPK home. It's a black S&W version. What a sweet little set-up this makes. The price was probably a little high, $494, but this is the only one I've seen and I've been looking for months, so I had to buy it.

Any advice on ammo selection to break it in? Hollow points for CCW after break in? Thanks in advance, Benny.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I haven't seen a blued S&W ppk in the Buffalo, NY area yet. The stainless version is selling for about that much though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I like Magtach for play though any good ball should work. As for a SD round Corbon has 3 different offerings I like the 90gr hp but want to try the DPX when my 90HP run low.
489 for stainless my dealer.
Luba slide real good when starting out. these pistols are a little tight most time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats, I just got one a few weeks ago, they are real sweethearts!! I put 100 rounds of PMC thru mine to start it's worked with everything I've tried so far.
Regards Sonny

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (michael t @ Mar. 04 2006,5:57)]I like Magtach for play though
I like them on my P99's too..... they seam to be not as dirty like others

·
Registered
178 Posts
The only Blued/Black ones I've seen lately have gold inlays & are in a fancy wood box, Way Overpriced Too..
How is the finish on the new pistol Benny? Is it a deep royal blue or a matte black finish? The Fancy inlayed one was a matte black finish..
S&W used to be known for thier great bluing jobs, wonder why they don't hardly ever use such a finish anymore? Probobly Costs Too Much!
I would just use Winchester White Box for break in, I've been useing Winchester Silvertips for carry, But wanna try the Cor-Bons if I can ever find a decent price on em..
And that must be a nice holster to go & Buy a gun to fit it!!
I've had a few High Noon Holsters for HKs..
Also I have a Brand new High Noon Belt in 36" Size Black if any one is interested, I outgrew it before I ever got it, I would guess 32" waist..Rock Steady Belt Cowhide black with Silver Buckle, Info Here HighNoon Belt
[email protected]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI Beretta92, the top of the slide is matte black and the rest of the slide and frame are deep royal blue. The text on the slide is kind of a silver/gold color depending on the light. The grips are plastic, so I might have to get a set of Hogue checkered rose wood grips for it. The feed ramp and throat look better, for lack of a better word, that on my German PP .32, so I expect it to be reliable from the get-go. The slide to frame fit is tight but not too tight. It sure is a great looking gun - it's fun just to look at it! The High Noon holster really is very nice. Funny, when I got it, I emailed High Noon and told them the holster deserved a new gun. Workmanship is superb; I think it'll last a lifetime. The only thing is they didn't emboss their name on it. It's something to brag about - they need to get their name in their products. I hope to get to the range this weekend and put it to the test.

Thanks for all the ammo suggestions, I appreciate it.

Benny

·
Registered
178 Posts
SWEET!!
I'm glad to hear that the finish is the Royal Blue, The matte areas would look more black..
And High Noons Holster are some of the best I've ever seen..
I'm still in the look for a good lightweight S&W J Frame holster that will fill my Needs for my NEW S&W 442-2
Enjoy the new Walther Benny
Gary/B92

1 - 10 of 10 Posts