Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out shooting a new stainless PPK/S that belongs to a friend. It is a new gun and he has 5 magazines for it. We could not get it to reliability feed Remington FMJ ammo with any of the magazines. Best run was about 15 shots without a failure to feed. The bullets are tipping up and catching on the top of the barrel and not feeding. What would cause this malfunction? Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are all the magazines doing this? Because it sounds like the lips of the magazine(s) are not bent inward to the correct angle for that load.

I had mine worked over by Cylinder and Slide and the guy that built it (Ralph Gutekunst) told me specifically that they've had trouble with the Remington UMC brand (yellow box) of ammo and to use the Winchester USA (white box).

·
Registered
713 Posts
Change brand of ammo Go to Wal mart and buy win value pack. Also look at my post on Remington Ammo 2 different people in different states report finding 32 rounds packed in with 380. Pictures of what happens when you load and shoot can be seen at   bersatalk.com.   I have a Llama mico max 45 that only will fire wolf 230 ball 100%, Everything else jams. This pistol has been worked on several times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts