Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new S&W/Walther PPK/S in 380 to the range yesterday. I cleaned it before testing. I put 50 rounds of FMJ wenchester in the white box, and 1 magazine of Federal Hydrashocks. Ran perfect. No jams of any type. Here is a pic shot at 25 feet.

·
Registered
821 Posts
My PPK/S...

One of my favorite guns, but a pain in the butt to clean, as I'm sure you'll find out!

Good shooting, congrats on the new purchase.

-stunks

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's Great!!
I haven't heard yet of anyone who got bitten by the S&W Walthers, Sure it could happen if you get sloppy with your grip
Pretty Good Shootin Too ekaphoto
I got mine four weeks ago & have been realy happy with it...
Congrats!! & Enjoy!!
B92

·
Registered
713 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stunksinatl @ Jan. 05 2006,21:17)]My PPK/S...

One of my favorite guns, but a pain in the butt to clean, as I'm sure you'll find out!

-stunks
Why is it a pain to clean Theirs nothing to the take down and a few min to clean. Wish my 1911's were as easy.

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (michael t @ Jan. 06 2006,00:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stunksinatl @ Jan. 05 2006,21:17)]My PPK/S...

-stunks
Why is it a pain to clean Theirs nothing to the take down and a few min to clean. Wish my 1911's were as easy.
I guess my fingers are too fat to get inside the slide!

I'm a hands-on kind of gun-cleaner. Tiny spaces in there, it's not difficult to clean, you just have to really work at it (at least for me).

-stunks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try this for cleaning: use a large paper clip. Spread the paper clip out partially so that one end is straight. Now, with a couple of those little square cleaning swabs and your favorite cleaning solution (Hoppes, Klean Bore, etc.) wet the swab and use it as a "mop head" with the paper clip as the handle to reach the tight places. D not "wipe" hard enough to scratch the surface. A toothpick should also work. I would rather clean my PPK/S than my 1911 any day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try this for cleaning: use a large paper clip. Spread the paper clip out partially so that one end is straight. Now, with a couple of those little square cleaning swabs and your favorite cleaning solution (Hoppes, Klean Bore, etc.) wet the swab and use it as a "mop head" with the paper clip as the handle to reach the tight places. D not "wipe" hard enough to scratch the surface. A toothpick should also work. I would rather clean my PPK/S than my 1911 any day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually my favorite cleaning solution is simple green. I clean the bbl with the toxic bore cleaning stuff. Water down the parts. spray with simple green. Scrub with a tooth brush. rinse off with water. Wipe down and run a couple of dry patches through bore. Place disassebled into over at about 150 deg until dry. Let cool, lube and reassemble.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[b said:
Quote[/b] (michael t @ Jan. 08 2006,23:38)]You and Beretta92 ough to start your own PPK/S cooking school You both think their for bakeing  you can call it    PPK/S School of Shoot & Bake  

1 - 12 of 12 Posts