Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, new to the forum. I ordered a S&W PPK/S yesterday and know all these have long hard triggers. Anyone know where I can get a trigger job done or an easy way to lighten the trigger ( I have worked on rifle triggers in the past) Is is a spring replacement or lightning that does it or do some parts need polished as well. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
There isn't anything you can do to significantly lighten the pull due to the design, but you can help it by ordering a reduced hammer spring from Wolff Springs. The trigger on a ppk is hard, but it isn't long. It is a hard and fairly short for double action, if you practice dry fire alot you can get to where you become pretty accurate with the double action pull once you train yourself to pull it staright back in one swift motion.

I should qualify my remarks by saying that I am not familiar with s&w ppks, I assume all the designs and specs are the same as the older mfg. ppk's.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
I would say give the pistol and your finger time to get to know each other. Say 500 rounds,this will help the pistol break in a little along with your fingure. If you think PPK/S is bad go try one of the Beretta Tomcats. You can order a lighter spring from wolf springs If you still can't stand the factory trigger. It will help some But I say in a real SD you wouldn't even notice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts