Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new stainless PPK/S yesterday and the first thing that happened after opening the box, the rear sight was missing!  

The manager at the store installed a sight from another PPK/S and I went shooting.  After 100 rounds, the trigger would not release, and the gun was inoperable.  The manager at the dealer sent the gun back for warranty repairs, and needless to say, I am very disappointed.

I e-mailed Walther's customer service and told them that I am not happy with that gun and wish I never bought it.  I still want a PPK/S, but not this one!  I paid for a new gun, and want one that comes with all the parts (a rear sight already installed would be nice), and actually works without having to be reworked by the factory.

I am awaiting a response from Walther, does anyone have any advice for me?  I purchased the PPK/S over the SIG P232 and now I really regret it.  

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't get me wrong, I still want a PPK/S! I just regret having bad luck, and now have to deal with this hassle. If it comes down to it, I'm selling this one and buying another.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Usually Walther (as in the German GmbH and not S&W) is VERY good with customer service and righting wrongs (Especially when it's their fault.)

I have not had any personal experience with S&W regarding customer service so I'm not sure what they will do but hopefully they will make this ordeal worth your while.  

I completely agree with you that when we shell out $500+ for a new pistol we expect it to work like a finely engineered $500 piece of machinery.  Luckily, my P99 has been working flawlessly so far.

Ah well, quality control going south...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'll see how things turn out when I get it back.

Perhaps, I should sell the PPK/S and wait for a blued PPK that S&W should release soon...

How much do you think I could sell a 1 day old stainless PPK/S for?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aryana @ June 30 2004,4:57)]I guess I'll see how things turn out when I get it back.

Perhaps, I should sell the PPK/S and wait for a blued PPK that S&W should release soon...

How much do you think I could sell a 1 day old stainless PPK/S for?
No, don't sell it, not unless you really need the PPK yesterday. I'd let it go through the warranty channels. A one day old used gun is still a used gun and it's not going to help things that it is a broken used gun.

If it's a lemon S&W, as Walther's American distributor, should fix it or replace it. Although I have just had two experiences with S&W customer service, both have been good. One was in regards to a new P99 where the gun was missing the extra sights and tool. The other time was in regards to a new revolver where the main spring broke within 100 rounds of me getting the gun.

If you don't like the gun after you get it back from warranty service then you could explore selling it. Check out gunbroker.com. You'll get a pretty good idea of what you could get for it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Give S&W a chance to correct the problem Lets all find out how there customer service is. I have a older PPK/S stainless by Interarms. and I love it . Its my carry everywere gun. Even bought it a pocket holster last sat. I use ConBon HP in mine also Rem 102gr GS  You will get use to DA trigger pull remember that only for first shot and is ment for fast response better known as its hit the fantime. I belive at that time you will never notice the heaveytrigger.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I doubt that S&W will replace the gun. Too many headaches with teh 4473 form having to be there in person to have the new gun registered in your name.

What they may do is issue you a check for the full price you paid for the gun then S&W will most likely keep it and destroy it. This is, of course, if they decide it's "totalled" like a wrecked car.

I knew of someone that had a Taurus 357 that had a slug stuck in the bbl. from a squib load. He tried everything he could but could not get it out. He sent to Taurus and they wrote him a check for the paid mount so he could go buy another one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sounds like either way, things will get taken care of by S&W.  Thanks for the worst-case scenario information.

Everyone's enthusiasm here really sold me on sticking with this purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts