Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a S&W PPK/S-1 in a trade last month. I am still trying to get it broken in and have already fired just over 250 rounds of factory ammuniton through it.

The last time I took it to the range it jammed in a strange manner. The slide was fully into battery, but the trigger was stuck about half-way into forward position. I cleared the jam by cycling the slide a few times. I had no more problems the rest of the day.

At home, after cleaning it, I had trouble re-installing the slide. The trigger was jammed again. Examination revealed the hammer pin, which has a 3/4 full moon shaped piece on the left end, had rotated enough out of position to keep the sear from returning to correct position. With the sear out of place, the trigger could not move forward.

Once I rotated the "3/4 moon" shaped piece back into correct position I was able to get the slide back on correctly.

Thus, I have a couple of questions for the readers of this forum:

What is suppose to keep the hammer pin in position, and where can I get an exploded view or other kind of manual that will explain how to dissasemble and reassemble this gun?

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thiokol, Thanks very much for the links! The exploded views are helpful!

However, nothing indicates what keeps the hammer pin indexed correctly.

I'll have to fire the gun more. It may or may not be a problem.

By the way, the link to the web site with the exploded views of all the handguns is great!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
oh my 44,

if you have a look at this picture on my server (only active between 6h30 and 22h WET), PP-parts, you will see what keeps the hammer pin indexed: a small thingy on the northwest of the pin on my picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts