Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new blued Walther PPK a few months ago and finally got around to taking it to the range. Yeah, I know, took me awhile to find a new range.

Initially it had a problem with the frame. The metal on both sides of the trigger guard hinge extended above and below the trigger guard, displaying silver unfinished metal underneath. I sent it back to S&W, received it back a few weeks later. They fixed and reblued the frame, looked awesome.

I've only fired a hundred rounds through it so far, and it has been ball ammo but I have not had a problem with it. Everything functioned fine. The extended tang does prevent slide bite, which happened once in awhile during firing of my old Interarms PPK. The extended tang does dig into the web of my hand however. This isn't a huge problem but an annoyance that is common enough, the factory should take a bit of extra care in rounding off this area.

The 380 does bark some and you have to make sure you have a solid hold on the pistol to prevent it from twisting a bit in your hand. I have not shot a PPK/S, but I'd think the extra grip length would solve a lot of this problem.

Anyway, I've not had a problem with the pistol, it has functioned fine and I am happy with it. With the criticism S&W PPKs get, I thought I'd post something positive!

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Best of luck and safe shooting! Glad to hear S&W made you happy. Bark is the right term and it still happens on the /S version too. I don't shoot mine that much any more for that reason, but still carry it often. Enjoy! photo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts