Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new blued PPK today. Everything looked good. Nice blued finish to it, I'm surprised it's not more popular. Great looking gun.

Then I noticed the area on the frame around where the trigger guard hinge is, it's not finished properly. The sides should have been filed down but instead they extend around the rear of the trigger guard like wings. If you look at the gun on a side view you can see bare unfinished metal behind the trigger guard (both sides). There is not much that extends around the trigger guard but it is very noticeable. It is obvious this metal should have been taken off before the gun was shipped. There is enough there that it prevents your finger from actually touching the bottom rear of the trigger guard when holding the gun.

I'm hoping I'm not being too picky but it really shouldn't be there. And I don't see a way of getting rid of those metal extensions without having to refinish the frame.

What do you guys think? I haven't fired it yet.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'd take it back. I did a bit of tweaking on mine, but it was minor and mine's stainless. Can't really mess with the blued ones without refinishing. I suppose cold blue is an option, but you shouldn't have to.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought I'd keep everyone updated. I took it back to the dealer, showed him the problem which he didn't spend much time scrutinizing. He said I probably know Walthers better than he does. He didn't offer an exchange. He said I should call S&W directly and get the shipping label. Then if I want he can ship it from there. He said he was a middle man on another return and communication problems between the customer, him, and the factory caused the gun to be shipped back 3 times. Ok I thought that was fair.

I called S&W and they simply said they'd ship a label, they'd look at it and I should get it back in about 2 weeks. Sounds easy.

I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's nice that your dealer is doing the leg work. I had to drop mine off at FedEx and pick it up at UPS when it was returned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts