Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum.

Just picked up a new PPK (blue) last week. Very happy with the gun. Took it to the range - no jams, no bites. Recoil is moderate. Gun seems very well made. Also looked at the 232 but it is too big for the pocket I feel where as the PPK (with Uncle Mikes #2) fits pretty well in front Levis pocket and hardly noticable in Dockers. Also 232 was stamped while the PPK is etched ... and the PPK has the whole James Bond thing going for it anyway.

Its simply a beautiful gun. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Blue one had to be sent back the day I got it. I had to pull the trigger multiple times to get a round to go off. Smith did a great repair job and it feeds everything flawlessly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

Yes, I was a little concerned since I read mixed reviews on the PPK but it seems that Smith has done a nice job of improving the original design (their support seems very good too from what I hear). The first few shots were a little snappy since I held kinda low on the grip (to avoid slice or bite) but after a proper firm grip the recoil was very tolerable. The longer tang seems to do its job well.

For those who always wanted a PPK but were put off by spotty quality, now is probably the best time to buy one. Better feed ramp, longer tang, better trigger and backed by S&W. The quality and finish of mine seems quite high too.

From reports I read the Hydra Shocks seem to be the best choice in this caliber. Does anybody else use them? Any feed issues?

Yes, this PPK and I are bonding quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I use the Federal Hydra-Shoks without any issue in my S&W PPK/S

·
Registered
713 Posts
I belive in Corbon I use the 90grHP Its rated at 1050fps and 220 ftlbs Those numbers come from a PPK/S. Their new copper DPX is now out its a 80gr copper bullet Its rated at 1050fps and 196ft lbs But that was from a Kel Tec a PPK/s will be higher numbers. Steven Camp has tested the 380 DPX on his web site and on couple others. He was impressed with it I have the DPX in 45 auto and all I can say is wow!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts