Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum.

Just picked up a new PPK (blue) last week. Very happy with the gun. Took it to the range - no jams, no bites. Recoil is moderate. Gun seems very well made. Also looked at the 232 but it is too big for the pocket I feel where as the PPK (with Uncle Mikes #2) fits pretty well in front Levis pocket and hardly noticable in Dockers. Also 232 was stamped while the PPK is etched ... and the PPK has the whole James Bond thing going for it anyway.

Its simply a beautiful gun. Very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
They truly are great, interesting pieces. Totally concur.

Just watch using a blued one in the pants. Suggest you keep it nicely coated with either light oil or try this neat product:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx....0LIQUID

I too prefer the blued look over the stainless, but they require a little more work to keep them looking nice.

-Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a new S&W. I did a bit of research on the gun and S&W seems to have invested quite a bit of effort making the gun better. The tang is a big improvement as is the one piece feed ramp. The eching on the slide is a nice touch as well. I do prefer the blue gun over the stainless although the stainless looks nice too, but the blue is more traditional. Also the serial number etching looks better on the blue version I think - less obvious. Although, the stainless does have some nice pluses especially since these guns are for pocket use. But I find that in an Uncle Mikes #2 very little of the gun is exposed, mostly the plastic grips and I am careful to keep a light coat of oil on it. I normally keep a small lightly oiled patch in my gun cases that live in the glove box.
Personal preferance here but the PPK in my opinion is one of the most handsom guns out there.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I would like to see a blued S&W, have only seen stainless so far. I do not like the extended tang, just because it is different looking. It may grow on me, I am sure it makes it much better to shoot.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have always just wiped my blue pistoles down in morning with a silcone cloth put in holster and be on my way. WEhen I done carrying I wipe down again . My PPK/S is SS but my Colt Mustang and 1911A1 are blue and I not had a problem. Of course Im a nut case as I clean my carry pistols weekly and if I fire a pistol its cleaned ASAP Long guns to. Any gun I handle is also wiped down befor put a way.
 Just me. I wipe finger prints off my ammo as I load also. some habits die hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts