Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to the fourm, and have just acquired a Interarms marked PP chambered for 32 acp. I have only fired 20 rounds through the gun, and experienced 2 stove pipe jams. The last magazine though was flawless. I thought that I may have limp wristed the gun, but I
have also heard alot about the PP series being somewhat unreliable. Any help with this stove pipeing issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Assuming you did all the normal things like ensuring the mags are OEM, ammo is factory FMJ and not reloaded or hollowpoint (PP/PPK's usually don't work too well with them, but there are exceptions of course), properly cleaned and lubricated the firearm, what you might want to do is have the recoil spring and extractor spring replaced. I normally send the slide from any older Walther I purchase to Earl's Repair Service, and he installs the extractor spring for free and will check out the slide as well. Turnaround is usually one day and is reasonably priced too.

HTH,
Jeff Gilbertson

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would also check the mating surfaces between the slide and the frame. A gentle smear of missing blueing is normal but keep an eye out for any gouges, that'll slow up the cycle travel and cause a jam for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I think I've got the problem fixed. I removed the loaded indicator pin and ran 2 mags through without incident. The spring on the pin is quite heavy , and I believe it was causing the empties to come off the extractor before they were able to come in contact with the ejector. I think a new extractor spring is needed as well.

Thanks,

Jeremy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts