Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEWBIE HERE-- more Lugers collected than Walthers, but just acquired a 90% PP 7.65mm for shooting-not collectible. Swivel at bottom tells me its ex-police issue-Right?
Believe it to be 1990s made, based on box.
serial #362375.
1. Is there anyway to find out what/where police department used the gun?
2. Right side slide has "CDI Swanton Vt."--I assume that was that Century arms importer in Vermont- Right?

Appreciate any information...
Now looking for PPK collectible...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Your PP was ordered by some entity for duty use. The mark you describe is the import mark. The date of manufacture should appear on the barrel chaber in the form of a two digit letter code. Post what you find and I will tell you when it was made.

Right now these pistols are flooding the used PP market. Many can be had cheaply and many show little wear. I ordered one direct from SOG and added the hand-pick option. When it arrived I thought it was a new one. The original Walther box serial numbered to the PP, test target, correct manual for the period (late '60's-early '70's), cleaning rod, and both mags serial numbered to the PP. Very little wear, and just around the end of muzzle.

The swivel on the bottom adds nothing to the value. Some say it reduces the value. I kind of like having an ex-German police pistol myself. This is also where the heel release plug was installed on the war-time pistols for the German police too.

I've not seen one yet with the department Waffenampt stamped on it. I have a PP Super stamped with the Baden-Wurtemburg shield on the frame.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts