Walther Forums banner

321 - 340 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
Noooo! I've been holding off on buying a Sig P365 in the hopes that walther would come out with a similar offering. If other manufacturers can make small guns then walther really doesn't have much excuse.
I'm pretty sure Sig makes their gun here as do others.

Others will know this better than I but I think in 1968 a points system was put in place to regulate what small guns could be imported into the USA.

So it sounds like Walther is looking to expand their manufacturing here.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
For now, all I want is a PDP Compact frame (complete) I just like the grippy looking grip, can't wait to get my hands on one to see if it is grippy enough for me. And, since the compact can make use of PPQ M2 mags, that means it should accept ALL my modded mags. Looking forward to some pricing info.
I am certain you will like the grip. Doesn't feel smooth and it is more aggressive without feeling like your hand is being stuck by pins.....a real rubber feel.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My takeaways after going through some of the articles and videos:

It's not modular in the sense that the P320 is modular. It's just that you can swap frames and slides between the full size and compact.

Optics mount is definitely an improvement, retains factory iron sights and seems to sit lower than the PPQ. All models are optics ready and take Glock iron sights.

Trigger supposedly even better than the PPQ, and the gun will accept aftermarket options like Overwatch and Walther's Dynamic Performance trigger.

Will use PPQ M2 magazines, (15 round mags too short for the full size model) and also use PPQ barrel, recoil spring assembly, and if I had to guess mag release and magwell also though I haven't seen it confirmed. Edit: Magwell is different according to Cody Osburn.

Overall I like it, but I won't be in a rush to get one. It seems to be an improvement on the PPQ, but not a drastic one.
It's not truly modular in the way the P365 is, i.e. being able to remove the trigger group and swap it into a frame you buy off the shelf. That was the way I was hoping they would go.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm pretty sure Sig makes their gun here as do others.

Others will know this better than I but I think in 1968 a points system was put in place to regulate what small guns could be imported into the USA.

So it sounds like Walther is looking to expand their manufacturing here.
It’s 922r compliance that you are referring to. Another issue for Walther will be all the added pistol definitions being added by the current administration and his ATF.

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
It looks line something out of Keltec or some other cheap pisto mker.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is that grip texture an actual overlay of material or is it molded into the plastic? I wonder the longevity of such a grip.

IM interested in the PDP but I am shocked at the Budsgunshop.com price of over 800 bucks for the compact. PASS

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
The more I look at the PDP, the more I think they they could have just called it the PPQ 2.0.

It really is an evolved PPQ. Nothing wrong with that...making a good gun a little better.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The more I look at the PDP, the more I think they they could have just called it the PPQ 2.0.

It really is an evolved PPQ. Nothing wrong with that...making a good gun a little better.
PPQ should have been called P99 2.0 then. The PPQ is just a commercial version of the P99 RAD. Then the PDP would be P99 3.0

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
PPQ should have been called P99 2.0 then. The PPQ is just a commercial version of the P99 RAD. Then the PDP would be P99 3.0
I recently made a similar comment to somebody who says the Glock gen 5 had a long record and the PDP was unproven.

There were a couple generations of P99 before the PPQ and two generations of that. So I'd call the PDP a gen 5 or 6 P99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
I recently made a similar comment to somebody who says the Glock gen 5 had a long record and the PDP was unproven.

There were a couple generations of P99 before the PPQ and two generations of that. So I'd call the PDP a gen 5 or 6 P99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Certainly the lineage goes back to the P99.

I think the stepped barrel technology goes even farther back.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Bought a Full Size today. I will get the Compact, and the 19X/PDP Commander. That grip is wonderful. This gun is fantastic.

Attachments

321 - 340 of 344 Posts