Walther Forums banner

301 - 320 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hey, I just thought of something.

I know they are kind of weird, but I wonder if the Glock dovetail Leopold Delta Point Micro would fit in this thing?

Yeah, I get weird thoughts all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
All these franken-Walthers that people are envisioning... so you're going to get different custom holsters for each combination?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I kind of like the blocky, squared off appearance. But I thought that handguns were trending towards the rounded profile with smooth, no-snag edges.
Guess the round and smooth would be better for CC but looks like they're going after duty sales.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Based on current handgun preferences, I'm guessing the 4.5 inch barrel variant will be the slowest selling.

·
Premium Member
14,035 Posts
For now, all I want is a PDP Compact frame (complete) I just like the grippy looking grip, can't wait to get my hands on one to see if it is grippy enough for me. And, since the compact can make use of PPQ M2 mags, that means it should accept ALL my modded mags. Looking forward to some pricing info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For now, all I want is a PDP Compact frame (complete) I just like the grippy looking grip, can't wait to get my hands on one to see if it is grippy enough for me. And, since the compact can make use of PPQ M2 mags, that means should accept ALL my modded mags. Looking forward to some pricing info.
The lowest was $570 something but you can't find that price today, they're all gone. The only one I can see available now which is $649. This is the most common price I saw during the past two days.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
For now, all I want is a PDP Compact frame (complete) I just like the grippy looking grip, can't wait to get my hands on one to see if it is grippy enough for me. And, since the compact can make use of PPQ M2 mags, that means should accept ALL my modded mags. Looking forward to some pricing info.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I really don't need another gun but I would appreciate the grippier grip.

·
Premium Member
14,035 Posts
The lowest was $570 something but you can't find that price today, they're all gone. The only one I can see available now which is $649. This is the most common price I saw during the past two days.
I'm just wanting the 'frame'....not a complete gun. I'm hoping $225 to $250 for a 'complete' frame.....we'll see.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a reply from walther on the slide availability :

"Hi Thebaldfox,
We do not have the slides available for purchase at the moment, but they will be in the future once we start to get more of them in stock. I'm thinking they're going to be around $275.

Thank you,
Marcus Mirus
Gun Tech
Walther Arms, Inc.
479-242-8500 ext. 507
7700 Chad Colley Blvd, Fort Smith, AR 72916"

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Just returned from the LGS after physically examining the PDP. As far as I'm concerned it is a PPQ with enhanced slide grooves, improved grip texture and machined for an optic. The trigger is virtually identical to the factory trigger including take-up, break and over travel.

I played with the enhanced grooves to see if they made a significant difference but found they did not. The trigger is not like an Apex or the newer Walther version but I anticipated that. For those looking for an optic-ready pistol it definitely meets that requirement.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I was listening to a live Q&A session with Cody from Walther.

Somebody asked a question about an PPS M3. Cody's response was interesting, saying an PPS M3 is dependent on getting manufacturing up and running in the US. He made the comment that gun laws pertaining to small guns are "interesting".

Reading between the lines, there is some interesting information there.

Unfortunately, based on his comments, it doesn't sound like the release of a new small concealment pistol is imminent.

·
Registered
26 Posts
IUnfortunately, based on his comments, it doesn't sound like the release of a new small concealment pistol is imminent.
Noooo! I've been holding off on buying a Sig P365 in the hopes that walther would come out with a similar offering. If other manufacturers can make small guns then walther really doesn't have much excuse.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got a reply from walther on the slide availability :

"Hi Thebaldfox,
We do not have the slides available for purchase at the moment, but they will be in the future once we start to get more of them in stock. I'm thinking they're going to be around $275.

Thank you,
Marcus Mirus
Gun Tech
Walther Arms, Inc.
The primer companies are temporarily not selling them because all are going toward production of loaded ammo. Glock has suspended selling individual part because all are going toward production of pistols. On top off the current frenzy/panic purchasing this is a new pistol, I'm guessing it will be quite a while before they will offer separate slides and frames when they won't be able to meet demand for complete pistols.

301 - 320 of 344 Posts