Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Walther posted a picture on their Instagram a couple weeks ago with a pistol blotted out and the term "EMBARGOED" over it. They said it was "something from the future" hoping they show us sooner rather than later. Any guesses? If you look closely it appears to have a red dot that is independent of the rear sight unlike the Q4/Q5.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The mags on his belt don't quite look like PPQ mags to me, but I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
14,073 Posts
I'm gonna guess it's a 4", 15 round, double stack with an optic. Green arrow points to what looks like an 'ALS' locking system. The red arrow points to a 'dog house' to cover/protect the optic. Will it have a PPQ trigger, P99 AS trigger or something a little different?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,073 Posts
You could be right. I looked at those mags for a long time and finally decided they were double stack, but they could certainly be single stack. If they're single stack, then maybe Walther has developed something to compete with the Sig P365.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
You could be right. I looked at those mags for a long time and finally decided they were double stack, but they could certainly be single stack. If they're single stack, then maybe Walther has developed something to compete with the Sig P365.
They could be some hybrid sort of like the 365 magazines. If you look at the hands of the photo I posted it looks like its a smallish weapon she is holding. Theres another photo on instagram with a fireline full of people with all their hands blacked out and "embargoed" on the photo. It looked like a training class of hers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tatiana is part of Walther's "Defense Division" so I'm sure she's using the same gun. I'd say a P365/Hellcat competitor would be a good bet.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The latest Primary and Secondary Modcast talked Walther a bit and definitely hinted that a new pistol could be coming.

A Walther quality Hellcat competitor would be sweet. Maybe a CCP with Hellcat style mags and an optic cut?

I think my dream gun (this week) would be a CCP that used something like Hellcat or P365 style mags, had an optic cut, P99AS trigger, HK P30 style rear decocker, PPQ M1/P99 mag release.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
If it's something that those folks are shooting it's gonna have an optic and likely come from the Ulm side of the house...

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Maybe it’s just a subcompact steel PPQ style gun. Personally I wish Walther would produce more hammer guns again.
The mags look thinner than PPQ mags.

My guess is its a stack and a half type magazine and new pistol built to hold it.

Maybe it's a slimmed-down PPQ designed around that stack and a half type magazine.

This could all be just wishful thinking on my part and the gun is really a double-stack CCP.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it's a P365/Hellcat competitor it will likely be polymer, but I think it would be cool if they did it in steel. Heck, make it modular where you could buy polymer or steel frames. Standard picatinny rail. Oh and find a way to fit the PPQ trigger in there while we're at it. P365 killer.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Post 16 and 17 are likely pretty close to where this thing is going, I'd almost lay money on it.

The hellcat is selling like funnel cakes at the fair. Walther no doubt would like to get a few handsful of that pie. And if it had a nice trigger like the Q, I'd be putting one into a piece of leather as soon as I could find it for sale and have it delivered.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Given the failure of the PPQ SC, whcih they thought was going to be the Hellcat, #17 seems like the best bet. But it's Walther so we'll have to wait to see.

1 - 20 of 390 Posts