Walther Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
205 Posts
A little while ago Walther stated on their website that Serial Numbers Beginning with: FDL9203, FDM0001, FDN3124 were Gen 2.

If your 2022 PDP is a Gen 1 then I think it must be from quite early in the year.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
205 Posts
There is no excuse for Walther doing this. Most people buy online. I hate hearing that. Return it to walther. They are good about their 30 day return. Get a current version.
No excuse for Walther doing what?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My LGS had just received 5 of the PDP 5" full sized Walthers all dated 2022, I guess there is no way to tell when in 2022 these were made. My serial number is FDK4xxx.
I just ran about 50 rds through it without any problems.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
205 Posts
My LGS had just received 5 of the PDP 5" full sized Walthers all dated 2022, I guess there is no way to tell when in 2022 these were made. My serial number is FDK4xxx.
I just ran about 50 rds through it without any problems.
Interesting. I bought my 2022 FS 4.5" PDP in June. It has an FDO1xxx serial and a Gen 2 cut.

I don't think it's a big deal though. I don't believe any failures have ever been reported with the Gen 1 cut.

·
Registered
447 Posts
No excuse for Walther doing what?
For previously using SKU changes to let customers know they don't get plates in the Q4, Q5, and SFs while pricing stayed the same. That was shizzy of Walther. My Q5 SF and Q5 polymer both have slots for all plates, but didn't come with any because of the sku.

But when it comes to Walther having a glut of "old" slides guns on the market, they don't provide the customer with a way of knowing.

You'll say, yeah, the serial tells you. But let me know when you run into an online seller of a PDP that gives you the serial number. There are mostly drop shippers that never even see the gun.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
205 Posts
You'll say, yeah, the serial tells you. But let me know when you run into an online seller of a PDP that gives you the serial number. There are mostly drop shippers that never even see the gun.
So, if what you get is not what you wanted, you return it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It costs you the transfer fee. Walther does not pay you shipping or tax when you use the 30 day buy back.

I don't know why you and I are fighting over it. I'm not saying the 1.0 doesn't work.

However, it is a difference. Walther stopped making the 1.0 slide. Current is 2.0. The consumer should be able to know they are buying current production items. Walther knows this as they changed sku on the Q4 and Q5 to hose people on the plates while not providing a price difference.

This thread shows even your assured measure of knowing when you get a 2.0 slide isn't accurate either.

So....maybe Walther should own up and let customers know. Seems totally reasonable. Even if not sku change, why are the calling it a "1.0" and "2.0" but it's not actually in the title of the PDP name?

It's deceptive.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
205 Posts
This thread shows even your assured measure of knowing when you get a 2.0 slide isn't accurate either.
Please explain.

Walther posted that serial numbers beginning with FDL9203, FDM0001, FDN3124 are Gen 2. The OP's Gen 1 pistol is FDK4xxx which makes it Gen 1.

No fighting here. You just seem to jump on every thread about PDPs to complain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts