Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a p99QA in .40 on Sunday. (yes my favorite FFL is open every sun.)  I really like the way the grip fits my hand, that was the main selling point.  It looks to me that .40 is the most powerful hi-cap round that fits my hand.  Double stack .45s are too big for me to one hand well.  And I don't have any other .40 pistols, so I wanted to add one to the stable. Overall quality is excellent.  Accuracy is good, and it was 100% reliable with a variety of loads at the range. One grip is the "quick action" trigger. It is a glock like trigger with a short, hard , consistent pull from first to last round. I will say the trigger is likly safe in a combat enviroment, it's hard to set off by accident. It is a bit of a rude skock however to fire just after shooting bullseyes with my HK P9s. The QA trigger requires a hard 5-7lbs pull and deffinatly degrades accuracy. It stinks for me at very slow aimed bull-eye type work. Maybe with practice I can hit long range bulls with it.  However in fast empty-the-mag-into-the-center-of-mass action shooting to trigger was fine, and not noticable at all. The gun likes to be shot quickly. I think it will make a great self-defense gun for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations with your P99. Does the gun what you expected from it?

I'm thinking of buying a P99QA so all the story's / experience with this gun are welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the gun to the range 3 times now. I shot it in an IPSA event as well. I find it a well designed weapon, and fun to shoot. The cocked striker indicator and loaded chamrer indicator work well, you can tell the weapons condition at a glance. The gun is comfortable to shoot, even hot loads over several hundred rounds. I do recoment the hks loader 941 to get the last few rounds in the mags. The trigger is safe in a combet enviroment, but not great for target work. With practice, I am getting better with it. I have to work on just pulling it hard and keep pulling until the gun goes bang. Sometimes I tend to hesitate just before the release, which slows me down. I did have one failure of the trigger to reset over the 350 rounds I have shot. Gun worked normally, next round loaded, but trigger was uncocked and usless untill slide was puled back to set it. Is this a known / common problem??? I will post a new thread with this question.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I own the P99QA and like its design. However, I believe them to be unreliable until 1000 rounds have been put through them. This is to determine if the trigger reset will fail.

It has happened to me twice. When the trigger fails to reset, you're a dead man, if you're carrying this pistol for self defense. It is a disastrous problem for a carry pistol.

1000 rounds. You gotta do it.

carloponti

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
No offense but I too like the AS trigger. And if you shoot competition you will find that you can carry locked and cocked from the first round until the last because of the unique trigger confirguration of the AS model.

Try it, you'll like it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts