Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I broke down and got a fullsize A/S today - in 9mm. I came across one at Bachman's in Dallas today new - I thought I was gonna get a USP compact, but upon seeing the fullsize A/S, I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's awesome, congrats on your purchase!
That's the exact version and caliber I plan on getting for my first handgun as soon as I save up enough. Does yours have the extended magazine release?

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
congrats........
Tell us some about it... is it black or green frame

What year is this one

Congrats again

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got a bucket of them, new frame, old frame, c's. The 9mm AS is still my fav. I have a USP Expert and as far as joy of shooting, quality, accuracy they are equal, with the AS at one-forth the price. Way to go, now give yourself some COWBELL. (My gosh, I just did a search on GT on COWBELL to make sure that was you, 49 topics, I thought it was just a joke in one thread, COWBELL needs it's own group over there)

Rockets Out...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congratulations! So when is the proud Papa going to tell us more about his new Baby??? Pics?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I was still in Dallas, and the hotel computer would not hold the cookie - so it wouldn't let me stay signed in.

It's a 2004 model - just like my compact A/S - no extended mag release, but with the newer frame. I will go shoot it today or Friday.

Despite my last run in w/ Tripp, I think I will be hard chroming the slide to match my P99c and SW99. It just looks better w/ the matte hard chrome

·
Registered
471 Posts
Think I've seen their pictures over on THR. After you get it back consider taking a family portrait, eh?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I'm back now. I got back early this afternoon, right before I made that post.

I went to the range w/ it just now. Also took my SW99. Prev, my SW99 was my fav gun and my most accurate for me. Well, while they theoretically should shoot the same, I did even better with the Walther.

Here is a pic of the very first 3 shots from the gun. After it happened, I stopped shooting and changed the target because I was so surprised. (remember, I have an issue w/ my left hand shaking a bit - so I was doubly amazed)

The next target is 25 rounds in a row. Both targets were at 7 yards.

For me, I find that the P99 shoots better than the $1200 Springfield TRP 1911 I had up until recently.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Told you so! <grin>

(that's some mighty fine shootin there, and I don't care who you are!)

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now, I'm back up to 5 - I did a lot of wheeling and dealing in the past 12 months. Traded some, bought new ones - had some issues or didn't like some.... Now, I am satisfied...

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's an all polymer family now

I will probably get the Walther hard chromed to match the others in 2 or 3 months.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hal8000 @ April 12 2006,2:24)]OuuuuuAaaaahhh! Nice family! The little one has a cute smile...:D
I wish I could have gotten 1 in Green (no green members to my family), but I figured I'd settle for a black one and count myself lucky just to find that

·
Registered
471 Posts
O yeah, I like the "Poly" guns too... With out thinking about it much until recently, I've been gravitating to toward the polymer guns myself... I just traded a Kimber SS compact for a unfired P99 2000 collectors! I'd rather have the "Poly"! The Kimber was fantastic! It was reliable and I could HIT with it, but it was heavy. Guess, I'm just a spoiled little boy anymore... Now, essentially, I'm wanting a "Poly" .45ACP to replace the Kimber... Go figure! I'm torn between the SA XD-45 and the USP... Can't afford either right now, so I've got time to think about it...
I have a OD P99, 1st gen... I'm glad to have it... Like you, I'd like to have several of the P99's, particularly in the AS vintage. I really like the triggers, and they DO smooth out and get better with use! Yup, I'm a diggin my P99's!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I was a super 1911 fan, but got fed up with the TRP I had (a $1200 gun) and I do not think I will buy anymore 1911s. Plus, 45 is expensive.

But, I will admit - in a year or 2, if HK markets their new P45 here in America, I may buy it. It is a 45 version of their new P30 (which is also not sold here yet). I saw a pic of one on the HK forum last week - really sweet. Similiar to the new P2000, except it is fullsize, and also has a frame mounted safety like the USP. If that ever comes out here, I may buy it. That's the only 45 I see myself buying for now.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I tend to vacillate between the 9mm and the .45ACP. 9mm being my favorite and right now I'm in a 9mm mode. I think I will hold off until that HK P45 hits the market before getting too serious about another .45... Beside, I can't get TOO serious until I save up the funds and the way the gas prices are kicking our butt's, it might take a little longer than normal...
Thanks for letting me know there is going to be another alternative...

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts

Well here it is for all to see... I stole the Image from a AR15 post.....
I think it really looks like a mix of P2000 and USP on the full size (has the safty) and just like a bigger P2000 on the compact version (no safty).....
I belive that alot of the features are due to the JFP (didn't they change the name of that too)
anyhow here is a picture of the  P30 from the German H&K site so you can compare them..... I think the only thing that comes from the P30 is the picatinny rail with more slots, so one to has the option to attach shorter accessories

1 - 20 of 31 Posts