Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I peruse the rimfire forum here, but have had little reason to come up to this one, mainly because I didn't own a P99. That changed today. There is a gunshow going today and tomorrow, and I went specifically to get a Rock Island 1911. The show was well attended, and I had to wait a few minutes to talk to the seller about getting the paperwork done. I was browsing his other items when a 9mm P99 Titanium slowly started whispering to me. I put it off to crowd noise, mainly because the P99 has never really interested me: the grip, believe it or not, never really fit my hand well, regardless of which one I tried. There was something really attractive about the Titanium, though, but hey: I just spent a grand at the other gunshow in Savannah 3 weeks ago, so I thought I could just walk away. But no, it really WAS whispering to me. then it started talking, then it started screaming.

Suffice it to say, I am now the proud owner of a Rock Island 5" 1911, AND a beautiful P99 Titanium. As I sat here getting used to it tonight, I realize that I should never have waited this long and it really does fit my hand rather well.

Tomorrow it gets broken in at the range.

..Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, how did the range experience go for you? Just wondering what you think of it so far. I am picking mine up tonight after work. Can't wait to get out myself. I will probably have to wait for the weekend now though. - Skister

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (skister @ Mar. 15 2004,3:27)]So, how did the range experience go for you? Just wondering what you think of it so far. I am picking mine up tonight after work. Can't wait to get out myself. I will probably have to wait for the weekend now though. - Skister
Unfortunately, I couldn't get to the range yesterday. Drats! Now I have to wait until Friday, and more's the pity, because there's now 4 brand new guns sitting here waiting to get broken in.

..Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts