Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking on this site for awhile, and just thought I would say hello. I just purchased a 04 P99 QA (OD) .40 S&W on Dec 30th. I have to say after seeing the 04 in person it looks much better than pictures ive seen. I wanted an 03 but when it arrived at my dealer's it ended up being the 04 model. He offered to send it back but I liked it well enough to keep it.

I got the chance to try it out on Saturday, unfortunatly the fun did not last long. Both of the floorplate's broke in the magazine's, dumping my cartridges on the ground. I was not suprised as I had previously read about the problem. I called Walther today and they are sending a couple more to me. The gun itself performed very well, and shot accuratly. I have always been a revolver guy and this is only the second auto I have bought, but I think once the magazine problem is fixed im gonna love it..

·
Registered
55 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZX-12r @ Jan. 03 2005,8:58)] Both of the floorplate's broke in the magazine's, dumping my cartridges on the ground. I was not suprised as I had previously read about the problem. I called Walther today and they are sending a couple more to me. The gun itself performed very well, and shot accuratly. I have always been a revolver guy and this is only the second auto I have bought, but I think once the magazine problem is fixed im gonna love it..
.....shit......sorry this happened to you.   this is a recurring problem and i do not know why they have not fixed this.  how hard is it to make plastic?   i have a 1998 model in .40 cal and have not had any probs at all.  when i sent the original mags in per the mag exchange program, i specified to just replace tubes and followers and to reuse floor plates and they obeyed

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
You would think that after 2 years or so, they'd have this all cleared up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MLB @ Jan. 04 2005,11:25)]You would think that after 2 years or so, they'd have this all cleared up.
no shit........but on a positive note, welcome to the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think there are pretty stupid at walther america. So something is going wrong. I have found the customer service to be worthless and horrible.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Although I disagree with their practice of sending out their remaining stock of bad floorplates, the customer service department was fast and friendly in my experience.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MLB @ Jan. 06 2005,12:08)]the customer service department was fast and friendly in my experience.
not sure about the friendly part. the man i talked to was kind of a crabby yankee that was slightly impatient. but they did their job (EXCHANGED MAGS) in a reasonalble amount of time and paid for the return postage so i am satisfied

·
Registered
16 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JDog @ Jan. 05 2005,6:54)]I think there are pretty stupid at walther america. So something is going wrong. I have found the customer service to be worthless and horrible.
you are right jdog not to impressed with walther customer service they are pretty stupid and not service oriented

·
Registered
539 Posts
My experience so far has been good on phone support. Email could be a bit more helpful but at least you get a reply. I still need to call about the illfitting backstraps I have and to see if I can get blue followers for 2 of my mags.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy I spoke with the other day seemed alright. My replacement floorplates just got here today, they are all marked S&W instead of Walther..Hopefully these will last longer..Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to update on the floorplate's. I went back to the range today and fired about 100rd's through it and it worked flawlessly. Both floorplate's held up (they actually sent me 3) so im a happy camper now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went through 4 new magazine in two days...about 20 rounds total. Walther didn't have any more butt plates, so they are sending me new magazines. Just wondering, do you need a tool to replace the plate?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
There should be a little yellow push pin in your box that came with your pistol. This is what you use to replace the floorplate. Look in your manual and it will show you how to do it.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
They would have to be cast or machined to get the same look at the bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts