Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking on this site for awhile, and just thought I would say hello. I just purchased a 04 P99 QA (OD) .40 S&W on Dec 30th. I have to say after seeing the 04 in person it looks much better than pictures ive seen. I wanted an 03 but when it arrived at my dealer's it ended up being the 04 model. He offered to send it back but I liked it well enough to keep it.

I got the chance to try it out on Saturday, unfortunatly the fun did not last long. Both of the floorplate's broke in the magazine's, dumping my cartridges on the ground. I was not suprised as I had previously read about the problem. I called Walther today and they are sending a couple more to me. The gun itself performed very well, and shot accuratly. I have always been a revolver guy and this is only the second auto I have bought, but I think once the magazine problem is fixed im gonna love it..

· Registered
55 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZX-12r @ Jan. 03 2005,8:58)] Both of the floorplate's broke in the magazine's, dumping my cartridges on the ground. I was not suprised as I had previously read about the problem. I called Walther today and they are sending a couple more to me. The gun itself performed very well, and shot accuratly. I have always been a revolver guy and this is only the second auto I have bought, but I think once the magazine problem is fixed im gonna love it..
.....shit......sorry this happened to you.   this is a recurring problem and i do not know why they have not fixed this.  how hard is it to make plastic?   i have a 1998 model in .40 cal and have not had any probs at all.  when i sent the original mags in per the mag exchange program, i specified to just replace tubes and followers and to reuse floor plates and they obeyed

· Registered
55 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MLB @ Jan. 04 2005,11:25)]You would think that after 2 years or so, they'd have this all cleared up.
no shit........but on a positive note, welcome to the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Although I disagree with their practice of sending out their remaining stock of bad floorplates, the customer service department was fast and friendly in my experience.

· Registered
55 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MLB @ Jan. 06 2005,12:08)]the customer service department was fast and friendly in my experience.
not sure about the friendly part. the man i talked to was kind of a crabby yankee that was slightly impatient. but they did their job (EXCHANGED MAGS) in a reasonalble amount of time and paid for the return postage so i am satisfied

· Registered
16 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JDog @ Jan. 05 2005,6:54)]I think there are pretty stupid at walther america. So something is going wrong. I have found the customer service to be worthless and horrible.
you are right jdog not to impressed with walther customer service they are pretty stupid and not service oriented

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to update on the floorplate's. I went back to the range today and fired about 100rd's through it and it worked flawlessly. Both floorplate's held up (they actually sent me 3) so im a happy camper now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.