Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot the P99 for the first time today at the range. I was struggling! Low and right. Adjusted the rear sight a bit and same thing.

Shot the Wifes new XD9 and got a nice grouping.

Ideas?!?!?!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Try swapping the backstraps and see which one works better as it sounds like a grip problem since you adjusted the sights and it didn't change anything. Even though I have medium sized hands the small worked best for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (walrus @ Nov. 13 2004,10:16)]Try swapping the backstraps and see which one works better  as it sounds like a grip problem since you adjusted the sights  and it didn't change anything.  Even though I  have medium sized hands  the small worked  best for me.
Ill give that a run. Thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Is it a new gun? Give it a chance to break in. Recommend about 500 rounds of heavier loads, to loosen up the action and get everything workin' right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Administrator @ Nov. 14 2004,9:41)]Is it a new gun?  Give it a chance to break in.  Recommend about 500 rounds of heavier loads, to loosen up the action and get everything workin' right.
Brand new. Only ran 200 of WWB through it. Just seemed strange that I shot the XD so well. But again, Ill change that grip and run more through her. What do you recommend to break it in?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have about 600 rounds and my 2004 model still shoots low.
I also installed meprolights with same result, low. Maybe it is just me since I've shot almost nothing but glocks for 10 years.
Seems I saw a post some place else that talked about P99
shooting low. Still really like the gun. My G19 is now banished
to the gun safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[b said:
Quote[/b] (r1blur @ Nov. 14 2004,8:36)]I have about 600 rounds and my 2004 model still shoots low.
I also installed meprolights with same result, low. Maybe it is just me since I've shot almost nothing but glocks for 10 years.
Seems I saw a post some place else that talked about P99
shooting low. Still really like the gun. My G19 is now banished
to the gun safe.
I think I remember seeing that post as well. I should try to hunt it down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try changing the front sight. If it is shooting low and you are not pulling it down than I believe you need to install the smaller front sight. I believe you should have 3 different sized front sights that came with your P99.

·
Registered
280 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wahsben @ Nov. 16 2004,9:03)]Try changing the front sight. If it is shooting low and you are not pulling it down than I believe you need to install the smaller front sight. I believe you should have 3 different sized front sights that came with your P99.
these guys are talking about night sights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (walrus @ Nov. 16 2004,10:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wahsben @ Nov. 16 2004,9:03)]Try changing the front sight. If it is shooting low and you are not pulling it down than I believe you need to install the smaller front sight. I believe you should have 3 different sized front sights that came with your P99.
these guys are talking about night sights.
Where is the mention of night sights? He said he is shooting low and to the right I see no mention of night sights.

·
Registered
280 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (r1blur @ Nov. 14 2004,8:36)]I also installed meprolights with same result, low.
My apologies. Seems I also misread this. The first guy didn't mention night sights but the second guy posted "I also installed mep..." so I believed they both had them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts