Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just found this site and am glad I did. I've been a 1911 fanatic for the longest time (custom built and modified), and am recently facinated by a P99 I picked up from a friend who sold it for cheap.

I'm currently going through all past posts, to see if any of my questions are answered and look forward to participating and learning from ya'lls.

Servo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome! It's a 9mm and very dirty. I was doing much searching around here and it seems that most discourage a complete disassembly, however it is something I'd like to do. From initial examination all the parts look pretty simple - most of which are inserted in small groups with roll pins.

I found from experience that with something new, disassembly is much easier than assembly. I have a pretty good idea on how everything goes together, but have a question. Is there any particular order the frame parts must be assembled in? For example, with a 1911 the trigger must go in first, then the mag catch, then the sear/disconnect etc...what about the P99?

Also, what about caliber conversions? Are all the P99 frames identical with the exception of the slide assembly and magazine? I must say, I really like this pistol - I've never been a fan of polymer guns, but the trigger pull, function and a few other things have definitely opened my mind.

Once I figure the whole thing out, I wanted to take step-by-step photos of the process (disassembly and assembly) and post it as I have yet to find detailed instructions anywhere.

TIA,
Servo

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Servo

Not an expert here, but if you are capable of dissasembling and reasembling 1911s you should have nothing to worry about doing the same with a P99. I think Polymer pistols are the best logical succesor for an efective and most long living model like the 1911 is. It must be nice to have both types of guns. Wellcome, I am myself not veteran of this forum, still learning from the forum members every day.

saludos

Hector

·
Registered
146 Posts
The only caliber conversion available, that I know of is in P99 in .40 caliber that can be converted into .357 Sig from Barsto. I understand that the P99 .40 and the 9mm differ only on the slide and barrel, but, i have seen in the exploded views that Walther Germany site offers in pdf format, that they have a special designation for the trigger assembly, marked .40 and 9mm respectively. I hope i am not making things more confusing than they probably are now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome Servo, I've had a P99 9mm since mid 2002. Went the other route, and got my first 1911 last Fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts