Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a hard time finding one, but I just bought a P99 Compact in 9MM with the AS Trigger. Sweet, any ammo this thing just hates, or am I good to go and going to be happy with my new pistol?

·
Registered
115 Posts
LOL, it's almost like you have to have the secret handshake to get one of these things isn't it? Can't imagine that will ever be an effective marketing strategy but they might be going for snob appeal... :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Ohio, and this thing is coming from Oregon....why are they so hard to get. If they were sitting in the display case at the gun stores I am sure they would sell more. All the local stores I called told me they get one in occasionally. They all had the PPK though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
congrat's - I love mine, it's a phenomenal gun. If you don't like, just send it to me.

For practice, I usually shoot Fiocchi or Blazer Brass 115 grain, it loves both, no prob's.

I've used Gold Dot's, no problem (one self-inflicted thumb-on-slide jam, I now lock thumbs vs. thumbs up). BTW, I've used both Speer and Georgia Arms loaded Gold Dots, regular, +p, +p+, 115 and 124 grain, all fine.

I currently use Ranger SXT +P+ 127 grain, and occasionally Ranger Bonded +P 124 grain, also no problems. Rangers seem to feed the best of all the HP, are dirt cheap for carry ammo ($15-$21 for 50) and NO FLASH!!!!

The only thing mine doesn't like is Federal Hydroshocks... I bought a box because I miscounted a box of Ranger and ran out at the range. TWO jams in one box... one slammed the bullet back into the case significantly and jammed before firing, I still have that one sitting around somewhere :eek:

Fortunately I hate Hydroshocks because of the flash, so I wouldn't carry them normally anyway.

I hope you enjoy your new acquisition!

·
Registered
68 Posts
While on the topic of ammo, what's the cheapest place to buy ammo? Online? At the range a box of 50 .40 S&W was 18$ or something like that. What can I expect to pay for a box of 9mm?

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's what we like to hear! I had ordered my second P99c AS in 40 S&W a while ago but just got to take it down to the range this weekend. I love it even if it has a few issues. (Lot of light strikes, I put about 600 rounds of WWB down range and I think I fowled the striker channel pretty good).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts