Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Ohio, and this thing is coming from Oregon....why are they so hard to get. If they were sitting in the display case at the gun stores I am sure they would sell more. All the local stores I called told me they get one in occasionally. They all had the PPK though.

· Registered
27 Posts
congrat's - I love mine, it's a phenomenal gun. If you don't like, just send it to me.

For practice, I usually shoot Fiocchi or Blazer Brass 115 grain, it loves both, no prob's.

I've used Gold Dot's, no problem (one self-inflicted thumb-on-slide jam, I now lock thumbs vs. thumbs up). BTW, I've used both Speer and Georgia Arms loaded Gold Dots, regular, +p, +p+, 115 and 124 grain, all fine.

I currently use Ranger SXT +P+ 127 grain, and occasionally Ranger Bonded +P 124 grain, also no problems. Rangers seem to feed the best of all the HP, are dirt cheap for carry ammo ($15-$21 for 50) and NO FLASH!!!!

The only thing mine doesn't like is Federal Hydroshocks... I bought a box because I miscounted a box of Ranger and ran out at the range. TWO jams in one box... one slammed the bullet back into the case significantly and jammed before firing, I still have that one sitting around somewhere :eek:

Fortunately I hate Hydroshocks because of the flash, so I wouldn't carry them normally anyway.

I hope you enjoy your new acquisition!

· Registered
68 Posts
While on the topic of ammo, what's the cheapest place to buy ammo? Online? At the range a box of 50 .40 S&W was 18$ or something like that. What can I expect to pay for a box of 9mm?

· Registered
114 Posts
That's what we like to hear! I had ordered my second P99c AS in 40 S&W a while ago but just got to take it down to the range this weekend. I love it even if it has a few issues. (Lot of light strikes, I put about 600 rounds of WWB down range and I think I fowled the striker channel pretty good).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.