Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
:confused: How did you get the "Walther" logo on your picture.

I havn't seen new P99's lately, when did they go to the "Glock" type serial numbers? I am referring to the FAF.

BTW, excellent purchase!

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Walther started a new serial range in 2004 with the P99/AS
FAA1001 was the first one of the new serial range ........

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one on order, the AS in 9mm is very hard to come by right now.

Very nice photo, nicely lite, really shows off the shapes, looks like a professional shoot?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the nice responses guys, I really appreciate it. :)

If anyone wants me to I can write up a quick description of how I took this shot. It was pretty simple. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, tell us how....
Okay, wasn't sure if anybody really wanted to hear the details. :D

To start, I googled "Walther logo" and looked on the images page and grabbed one of the highest resolution logos that I found.

Once I had the image I opened it in Photoshop and selected the white background. I then inverted the selection (CTRL+SHIFT+I) and dragged it using the move tool into the other pic that I took of my gun. That gave me a black logo that was a bit big. I just resized it on that layer and presto. It took about five times as long to describe it as actually doing it.

As far as the photo I placed a grey/blue 16x16 floor tile on my garage floor and put it at the very edge of the floor just under the door. It was a rainy day but still pretty bright so there was a ton of nice difuse light. I actually snapped the pic handheld with a small Sony digital camera (3.1mp?). This was one of about 14 shots/angles.

For post processing I cropped the photo and ran an unsharp mask command to sharpen it up a bit. There was no need to mess with any levels, or saturation as the camera did a pretty good job for a change. Most of my photos I do some retouching, but this wasn't too bad.

In reality I wanted just to post a quick pic and took advantage of the family being out of the house and the light conditions. It rained on and off all day yesterday but there were short periods where it stopped and brightened up a bit. I lucked out and managed to catch one of those periods.

A while back when I had my DSLR I did a lot of these kind of photos and they were all shot from a tripod with a remote release. The real difference being in that I could go with a narrower aperature and increase the depth of field. I hope to get another good camera and go back to being able to do that kind of work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AH HA!

The old grey/blue 16x16 floor tile on the garage floor trick, I should have recognized it.

But COME ON..3.1mp!..this is the year 2007..do they still sell cameras with that few mp??..I think my cell phone has that many..time to get yourself a new camera! ;)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I only get my best shots outside on cloudy days. I can't take pics worth a darn inside, my house lighting sucks. So I only try to take my pics on cloudy days on my back deck, which really decreases my opportunities.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to do a bit of semi-pro product shots and set ups with indirect lighting and still think nothing beats a good overcast day for wonderful lighting. I can't wait to get another dslr.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts