Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After literally checking about 50-60 online gun sellers - all stating the P99 was “out of stock” or “on backorder” or “discontinued” I finally found one so now I am a proud new owner of a P99 AS.

Hasn’t been delivered yet but still. Should be here shortly so I have much reading to do here for tips and info.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Get ammo.....lots of ammo. I put the extended mags in my compact with the sleeves and I probably should have just gotten the P99 AS instead of the compact AS. Great pistol.....safe shooting. 1917

·
Registered
449 Posts
Congrats. You’ll definitely enjoy the reliability and versatility of the P99. Which Generation did you get? The PPQ M1 mags with the +2 looks real nice with the P99. Try it out!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats. You’ll definitely enjoy the reliability and versatility of the P99. Which Generation did you get? The PPQ M1 mags with the +2 looks real nice with the P99. Try it out!
Generation?
Thought I was fairly familiar with the P99 line but maybe not?
By model number and pic is has the trigger guard mag release...?
Am kind of geeked to get it. Course guns (and now Walther) is a hobby of mine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was just notified from the store that it’s on the way.
Looking forward to it also.
As a bonus I think it’s mighty pretty looking.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My P99 arrived several days ago. Fairly steady rain and standing water everywhere so no shooting time yet. Did take it apart for a clean and lube though - not that it really needed it as I think it was the cleanest “new pistol out of the box” I have ever seen.

Anyway the entire gun and all parts just radiate a “incredibly well designed, high quality manufacture, finest fit and finish” vibe. I was truly impressed with this gun.
Guess I would say “I don’t care what gun you have now or which you think is your favorite” and you should run out now and buy a P99 now. Don’t stop for lunch.
If it shoots half as good as it looks I should be a regular Daniel Boone.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
... I think it was the cleanest “new pistol out of the box” I have ever seen.

... you should run out now and buy a P99 now. ...QUOTE]

If you won't be satisfied with a used one, you'd better hurry. The P99 has been discontinued and is conspicuously absent from Walther's 2019 product catalog.

M

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Discontinued?
Whew. Glad I scored then!

·
Registered
20 Posts
It wasn't featured but it is on the comparison chart in the catalog. Gallery of guns and some other places have the full size 9mm in stock so now is the time to buy if you're looking for a new one.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
It wasn't featured but it is on the comparison chart in the catalog. ...
I stand corrected. It is not completely absent, but it's not being promoted because there won't be any more production. What's in the distribution pipeline now is all there'll be.

M

·
Registered
78 Posts
The AS has one of the best triggers on any plastic gun. And, it was the first to do so.
The compact version doesn't look well balanced, but it is a pretty good shooter too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My stainless steel guide rod just arrived for the 99 so I am cooking with gas now.
I really like this gun. Feels great and it’s pretty as hell. Checks all the boxes for me so far.

Reactions: dpadams6

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
It seems like they sell every P99 they make, to the point where you can depend on there being shortages every year. They still need to produce pistols and parts for the contracts that the P99 has won.

Are we sure that the P99 has been discontinued?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Already in hand sir though the M2 version.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts