Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just bought a new (AH) P99 AS in 9mm and ran into problems on first range trip. I cleaned and oiled before heading to the range. I bought WWB 115gr and Remington 127gr both FMJ. Out of about 75 rounds I had at least 10 FTE and 2 or 3 stovepipe rounds. I tried different magazines, some loaded with 5 round and some with 15 rounds. The ejector is clean and did not see any signs of damage. It was not consistant but regular. Some of the fired rounds were pulled out about 1/8" some were still full in the barrel.

I asked the range master if he had any ideas and his suggestion was put 300 rounds through it and then see.

I have a P99 QA 40 S&W and a P99C QA 40 S&W and have not experienced these problem.

When it wasn't messing up it was a joy to shoot.

Any insights appreciated.

Regards,
EddieZ
Austin, TX

·
Registered
328 Posts
Contact Walther USA (S&W)

Send it back. My new AH 9mm has been flawless from day one.

Don't deal with the "break it in" stuff. I've never heard of a Walther needing to be broken in to function properly.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Contact Walther USA (S&W)

Send it back. My new AH 9mm has been flawless from day one.

Don't deal with the "break it in" stuff. I've never heard of a Walther needing to be broken in to function properly.

Send it back..

My P99c/AS and my P99/AS have never missed a lick... Right out of the box 100% reliable, and wayyy more accurate than I am physically capable of taking advantage of..

S&W Warranty Repair has a reputation for excellent customer service & warranty repair than imo is second to none in the firearms industry.

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ok, thanks. Called them, they agreed. They are sending me a pick up ticket and want the firearm and magazines.

Regards,
EddieZ
Austin, TX

FWIW:

Just think, it you had called Beretta or Taurus Customer Service/Warranty Repair with a problem with one of their firearms you'd probably still be waiting for a "live" operator.. :D

J. Pomeroy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts