Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Thought I would share pics of my unfired P88 that I took possession of yesterday. Today I put 100 rounds through it which doesn't take long when each mag holds 15. The gun is built like a tank. The bulk fits my hands but I wouldn't want it any thicker--no nills for me. Thanks, greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have walther p88 as new in the box also. however my rear sight doesn't stand as tall as yours appears to. also, there is a neat trough machined into the center of the slide top that runs from front to back. yours appears to be smooth convex along the length. are these differences real?
pistolero

·
Registered
130 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pistolero @ Oct. 07 2005,04:26)]i have walther p88 as new in the box also.  however my rear sight doesn't stand as tall as yours appears to. also, there is a neat trough machined into the center of the slide top that runs from front to back.  yours appears to be smooth convex along the length.  are these differences real?
pistolero
It sounds like you may have the P88C. Mine has the slide channel in the top of the slide. Both are great pistols.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You've got one of the first variations of the P88 there. That's why your rear sight stands higher than other's. These were made from 1/1987 to 12/1987 with the front sight dove tail mounted. From 12/1987 on, the front sight was integral to the slide. You've got a very nice P88!!

I put gold in my lettering. It really made it look good. Here's mine:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Being that it's a 9mm, it is a lot softer recoil than a 1911, unless you mean a 9mm 1911, than maybe about the same. I haven't shot a Beretta in a long time, so I couldn't really tell you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P88, the gold lettering does indeed look really nice. So, were you saying that mine was the early model or pistolero's? Thanks, greg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
P88, I've tried to send you both an email and PM and both have been sent back. Drop me a line if you want to discuss it.

There is nothing wrong with the gun at all. The problem is it doesn't fit my hand. Plain and simple I'm not comfortable with it and after 7 mags shot through it I wasn't going to put any more wear and tear because I was awful with my accuracy. The thing is built like a tank. Rack one and it feels like a sig 210--very tight. Thanks, greg

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hey P88, did you do the gold lettering yourself, and if yes what kind of paint did you use, acrylic or oil?

I just did one of my PP's in white lettering and used flat white oil Tester's model paint. It was tough because a previous owner really buffed the slide out and the lettering was very shallow. But patience and multiple applications got the job done.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
banddr2,

I used a product from Forster Products (they make reloading dies and other stuff too) called Bonanza Gold Filling Kit for Guns.  It comes with a cleaning solution, patches, a liquid base and the gold powder, which is actually a mixture of gold and bronze.

It was very easy to do. Just clean the area, mix a little liquid base with the gold powder and spread over the area you want to fill. Make sure the area is filled in good, then wipe up the excess.

I found it in a local gun shop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts