Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased P5. Very impressed with the safety features and function. Liked the ease of disassembly/assembly. Shoots very nice. Does anyone have a favorite ammo they like in the P5's.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hi Barney. For practice I like the Sellier & Belloit 124gr. For carry I use Federal Hydra-Shok 124gr. Works well in this pistol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I understand, +P loads should be used to a minimum or not at all in this weapon, is that your understanding also? My P5 shoots high in the 9 ring at 25 yards when I hold a six O'clock hold on the black. My sight has a #4 on the right front blade of the back sight as you look at the back sight from the muzzle end of the weapon. I understand that a replacement sight can be used to correct for elevation. I am assuming that this #4 indicates what height the sight has for elevation purposes. Do you know which sight replacement would be aprropriate and where could I obtain one Please?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I use the ranger 147 talons with very good results never had any failures of any kind. My P-5 shoots right where I point it.
I did install two 8 lb wolf sprigns in the gun when I purchased it because at that time I was using 127 +P+ in it. I went over to the 147 and I prefer this load to the 127. Both rounds work the same so why beat the gun up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts