Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new P22 (3.5" bbl, L series) this weekend and went right to the range. What a hoot! This little gun is fun and accurate. Just playing around at 7 yds they were all in the 10 ring with CCI Stingers. Cleaning this baby is another matter. The guide rod and recoil spring were a bear to reassemble until I figured it out. The pictures in the manual didn't help but I found by inserting the supplied plastic rod in the slide hole, then using that rod to guide the spring into place. Thanks guys for all the notices to be careful with the pieces. I also found out that the safety does not work as I would expect - it only blocks the hammer from falling on the firing pin. It doesn't block the trigger or prevent the hammer from falling. Can't say I appreciate that design. Next step is to get my wife out with this and introduce her to the joys of owning a Walther!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Ummmm I don't have a P22 but a G22... the rifle in .22lr
I thought that the P22 has a trigger lock just like the rifle besides the safty.....
It should be a lil hole in the frame that you put the "key" in to turn on or off the trigger lock.... this way the trigger won't travel at all

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the P22 also has the key lock but based on other comments I have read about problems arising from turning that key in the wrong sequence I am planning on ignoring it entirely. My point is like, say, a PPK/S the safety blocks movement of the hammer and trigger whereas the P22 trigger and hammer are still active and there is not even a red dot on the safety to indicate which way it is set. I know the best safety is between my ears and to keep my finger off the trigger till I'm ready to shoot. This design just reinforces that philosophy and makes me want to ignore the safety altogether.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
yea I hear you
I turned that key once when I first got the G22... and it was just a pain..... but it is there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts